03

2014
liam, 18
zayn, 21

"scotty, please. you've been trying to get with niamh for so long and the answer has always been no." liam giggles as he's snuggled beside his boyfriend on the couch. the three of them were waiting for niamh to get ready so the four could go out for their weekly activity.

scotty had been trying to have some sort of relationship with niamh, ever since liam and zayn introduced them to each other. at the start he was actually desperate, but then it died down to all jokes. he says that he knows she'll never agree, but zayn and liam know that deep down, scotty really wants them to work out. more time will just have to tell.

"i've told you, it's just harmless fun. i joke with her because i know it gets on her nerves. it's entertaining, she secretly loves it." scotty whispered the last part and that's when niamh came in the room. "i can still hear you, you moron." she rolled her eyes and scotty got all flustered as he saw how beautiful she looked. well, he thought she did look beautiful everyday. with her big smile, that would show her dimples and make her eyes crinkle. with how-

"hey!"

"you're drooling." she teased him as she slapped him on the back of the head lightly, to get him out of his daydream.

"whatever. anyways, what's today's adventure?"

"just look at them, in love and all." scotty jokingly scoffed, as him and niamh were waiting for zayn and liam to finish their level of mini golf. they were close to each other, giggling and trying to make one not get the ball in the hole and so on.

"it's refreshing to see zayn like this." scotty thought out loud, niamh raised her eyebrows. "he's normally not like this?"

scotty's laugh filled niamh's ears as he just started to do the next level, "definitely not. ever since that day he saw liam, he is extra soft. he was always into his own world, he didn't or wouldn't tell me anything at the start." he smiled as he got the ball in two shots, motioning for niamh to go next. "m'lady."

she playfully rolled her eyes and went in position. "liam behaved a little different too. he was more flustered than he normally would some days. eventually, he told me about zayn before they really got to know each other. i like them together, they fit well."

she was really happy for liam, she truly was. being picked on for not speaking can really have an affect on that person, even if they say they've gotten over it. now, she believes he is fine as he's got zayn who showers him with such love and affection. it's beautiful. "it's good we're out a bit lately also. these upcoming finals are going to be hectic."

niamh and liam are the few in their year twelve class of 2014, so studying for them is somewhat tolerable. they still hate it, but they know what they're doing. "you'll do fine anyway. you guys are so smart, because then you have us two dorks that can be stupid for sure. you could be my teacher if you really wanted to."

zayn and scotty did drop out of high school. it wasn't for them. scotty did try TAFE, but that easily became boring for him. luckily he earned enough of his money fast enough to pay for where he went. he felt annoyed that he didn't leave before the cutoff they gave you where you don't have to pay if you're not liking the particular course.

after getting in her shot, she pats him lightly on the shoulder. "keep dreaming, buddy." as she walks to the next level, scotty really can't help but to admire her.

scotty is one year younger than zayn, so making him two years older than liam and niamh. he wouldn't think it's the age that puts her off for being with him. maybe he really has to die down with trying to get with her. like, stop the flirting and just be.. normal. well, normal around her.

'okay, yes. that's what i'm going to do', he thought as then niamh get's him out of his thoughts when telling him to hurry up for his next shot.

"i'm just so good guys. of course none of you could beat me." zayn smirked, as he was teasing all of them of having the best score at mini golf.

they were all at zayn and scotty's, sitting in one (they have another spare room, more so for zayn's art that liam has yet to know of) of their spare rooms that had their games and bean bags. the boyfriends were of course sharing one bean bag, while scotty sat on a sofa chair and niamh on a fluffy bean bag.

before anything else was said, scotty's phone had a particular text tone when indicating that it was their work wanting something. "uh, we gotta go. work duties." scotty stated, looking to zayn in a way liam and niamh didn't understand.

"at this time? and we just got back like, not even twenty minutes ago." niamh frowned, confused.

"yeah, it can be an on the call job sort of thing. zayn." scotty gestured, as he makes his way out of the room, first saying goodbye to liam and niamh with a quick wave.

liam looked up confused to zayn, him thinking he looked too cute to leave him. zayn hates that he still hasn't told him what he does, but it's better to be safe than sorry. "i'm sorry, love. it's quite urgent when it's a random on the call. you and niamh stay at mine tonight, yeah?" he looked to niamh to make sure she was okay with it. he couldn't really drive them home right now and it was better for them to stay at his anyway. he was also glad it wasn't a school night. zayn was glad that liam was soon graduating, and also definitely happy for liam to start his next educational adventure.

both of them agreed. "okay, good. you know where my clothes are and can get some for niamh too. i love you." zayn brings liam's face to his, kissing him gently on the lips.

"see you soon, niamh." he also places a quick kiss to her forehead before leaving the room.

niamh sighed, "i'll never fully get those two, li. especially scotty." she laughs, this is one of the very rare time's she has seen him be serious. liam gives her a smile at her statement.

he wants to ask zayn what he does, but he really doesn't want to intrude. liam knows that they trust each other, so he can trust zayn to know that he'll tell him in his own time. there's just that feeling where he doesn't want it to be too dangerous, zayn's job that is. he loves him too much for zayn to leave him already. the younger of them all really wishes he wasn't like how he was, you know, mute. he just can't bring himself to be brave enough and speak.

with them staying at zayn's (and scotty's), liam has had his sleepovers. zayn even gave liam a spare key so he can go to his whenever he wants. the older of the two loves his boyfriends company.

there is still so much that both have to know about each other. there is alway's still time, so liam is okay with waiting. even he has something he has yet to tell zayn. hope is there though that nothing will happen in order for things to get messy.

1285 words
thank you brendenlover02 💛