02

2014
liam, 17
zayn, 21

what to do, what to do? is all zayn could think of. they've known each other for well over six months now and he wants to make it somewhat special. zayn isn't used to doing these sorts of things, so of course that's probably why it's taking him so long.

then he thought of something. something that he hasn't done in such a long time, but thought it'd definitely be worth it.

"c'mon, jameel. it's ready." zayn guided liam out of his ute, after making sure what he prepared was in order. "okay, great. now, tada!"

removing the material, a little gasp comes out from liam. they were at this overlooking area, the back of zayn's ute decorated with blankets, pillows, a few food items, fairy lights and a guitar.

"i hope you like the view and setup." zayn kisses liam on the cheek while helping him up in his creation. liam's face shows genuine admiration at what zayn has done. "is this okay?" zayn asked him softly and liam nodded his head, his smile shining brighter than the fairy lights, if that was even possible.

"i uh... just wanted to spend some time with you. i've got something important to tell you as well." liam nods, encouraging zayn to continue on. the younger lad had never seen zayn nervous like this before.

"okay but first, here, have some snacks. i brought your favourite." he shows liam all these snacks, which were definitely his favourite and his eyes crinkled with pure happiness.

they talk for a while, well zayn of course does, before he clears his throat. "alright, now for the real reason why i've done this."

liam remains still and watches zayn get prepared for whatever it is he was doing. he got comfortable and took the guitar in his hands. liam didn't actually think he was going to use it, thinking it was more for a decoration of some sorts. of course though, zayn can play the guitar. what can't he do? liam thought to himself.

"okay, so.. i'm a bit rusty on this so bare with me. it's been a very long while." and it has, but we'll get to that bit later.

"before i start.. you're sweeter than 3.14." liam giggled and zayn smirked as he then finally composed himself, letting out a breath and started strumming. while still playing the guitar before actually starting he added, "also just letting you know, it's not fully completed. i really wanted to show you this. i'm quite the impatient man at times." he winked and liam just smiled, encouraging him to continue on.

"when you're looking like this, i just can't resist it,

i know sometimes i hide it
but i can't this time 'cause it's gonna defeat me,

but if you won't believe me, believe me..
'cause i'm a fool for you and the things you do, i'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do..

i know, i know
given a chance i'd do it again, i
'cause i can't help myself
'cause i can't stop myself
i just love being a fool for you-ooh-ooh

'cause i'm a fool for you and the things you do
i'm a fool for you and the things, the things you do.."

zayn stopped, looking up to liam to see that his eyes were watering, a sniff following after. he then clapped and zayn let out a little laugh, putting down his guitar.

"thank you, thank you. i-" before he could finish the sentence, a pair of soft lips were placed on his. it was a shock to zayn, because it came out of nowhere and he wouldn't have thought that liam would've made the first move. he's now glad he did.