she wants to get married ♡ g

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER SORRY FOR BEING A PIECE OF SHIT. sigh this imagine is basically my life

💫

a young grayson dolan who had always had a crush on his best friend y/n. he always admired her even as a small child. it was never a "ew cooties!" grayson was infatuated with her even when they were in the second grade.

now in high school grayson still can't seem to keep her off his mind. her hair flowed so perfectly her beautiful glossy eyes always seems to leave grayson in a trance and whenever she smiled, he had to smile too.

friday night lights came along and grayson was on the football field while y/n cheered for him in the stands. "grayson!" y/n yelled down to grayson who was standing in the huddle of football players.

grayson looked up to see y/n showcasing her shirt that she had made for the student section theme that night. grayson's name was displayed across the back. he smiled and his heart felt warm.

after the game, they went out with a few friends to steak and shake. they shared a booth. y/n's hand grabbed grayson's. his cheeks became a red tint and she smiled at him. they got caught in each other's eyes and they both started leaning in until one of grayson's team mates hit the glass, making them both pull away.

y/n got up, laughing and went outside to playfully hit the boy. grayson sighed.

although grayson was a sports type guy, not the kind that you would think would keep a diary, he did.

"dear diary,

she wants to get married. she wants it perfect, she wants her grand daddy, preaching the service. she wants magnolias out in the country, not too many people saving daddy some money. she's got it all planned out. i can see it all right now. i'll wear my black suit, black tie, out in the back. doing a strong shot of whiskey straight out of the flask. i'll try to make it through without crying so nobody see's. she wants to get married, but she don't want to marry me."

after graduation you and grayson were still friends, but you had moved on. the guy who had hit the window when you tried kissing grayson that night had proposed. you felt happy. the diamond ring on your finger was beautiful. you sent invitations to everyone to come to celebrate the happy event with you.

grayson smiled when he had seen he had gotten a letter from you but he felt his chest get heavy when he read what the invitation was. that was supposed to be him. his throat became dry and tears threatened to spill.

"dear diary,

i remember the night when i almost kissed her i kinda freaked out we had been friends for forever. and i've always wondered if she felt the same way but when i got the invite, i knew it was too late. and i know her daddy's been dreading this day, but he don't know he ain't the only one giving her away.

the day came along. the day that grayson had been dreading the most. he put his black suit and black tie on. he wrapped your gift in the t shirt you had made in high school and he placed it on the table outside of where the wedding was going to be. it was everything you had always dreamed of. magnolias everywhere, white themed, lace, out back in the country, and your grandpa would be the one marrying the two of you.

"she's got on her dress now. welcoming the guests now. i could try to find her and get it off my chest now but i'm not gonna mess it up, so i wish her the best now." grayson said to his twin brother ethan who stood beside him.

grayson couldn't stand being there. after drinking a glass of champagne, he loosened his tie and walked out not being able to see the girl of his dreams marry someone else.

you stood inside the room where you were getting ready. you glanced at yourself in the mirror, adjusting the ring in your finger. you sighed wondering if this was the right decision.

you greeted your dad at the end of the aisle as he started walking you down towards your fiancé.

grayson sat in the same steak and shake, in the same booth you guys almost had your first kiss in. he grabbed at his hair, feeling sad.

"so i'm in black suit, black tie, not out in the back, doing a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask. i tried to make it through without crying so nobody sees. she's gonna get married but she ain't gonna marry me." grayson spoke to himself trying not to let tears fall from his eyes.

he looked out the window of steak and shake to see you crying in your white wedding dress. you looked his him and shrugged your shoulders. grayson couldn't believe his eyes.

he ran out, picked you up, and spun you around.

"it's always been you." you whispered into his neck.

"i want to marry you, grayson dolan."

💫

alright a shitty imagine for a comeback !! how about that ladies and gents.

sorry about that