Chapter 3

E

Lily's POV

"What's on your mind?" I asked. He looked like he just snapped out of his thoughts.

"Nothing" he smiled at me, carefully moving his hand from mine and wrapping it around me. His nails are thick and sharp, and his eyes are switching every once in a while between his regular eye colour to his wolfs. Letting me no that he's having trouble keeping himself from transforming.

We're on the way back to my apartment. The sun is out and it seems like a nice day for a run, maybe he'll join me in the forest before we have to go meet whoever it is he wants me to meet. A run should help calm the nerves that are slowly building.

"Okay, but we're mates and although we just met I want you to know you can tell me anything and it'll stay with me. This is it" I said turning us into the apartment complex before opening the door and pressing the elevator button. Even though it may be faster taking the stairs I never do. There's something about creepy about apartment staircases.

"Thank you, in due time I'll tell you everything" he says. Even as he's talking to me I can still see that he has a million thoughts racing through his head. So I say nothing and leave him to his thoughts.

We just entered my apartment and I make my way over to my bedroom, already wanting to prepare for tonight and just wanting to freshen up. Meeting your mate for the first time in a janitors jumpsuit and a messy ponytail was not the ideal first impression I wanted to make. 

I was just about to enter the bedroom when Noah pulled me back.

"Wait, I just came to walk you back safely. I have a lot of things at my house I have to work through before you come over" he gives me an apologetic look. As he should, he's cutting the little time we spent together short.

"You don't need to prepare anything, if your place is messy I'll live, just give me a few minutes to shower and I'll be done in no time" I said plastering on a smile and turning back. He blocked my path and lowered his face to level with mine.

Placing both hands on the sides of my face "I will pick you up tonight. I promise" He pecks me on the lips and walks away.

I pull on his arm. "Why are you in such a rush to leave? I know you have things to do and what not but can't you hang around for a bit?"

"I can, but that would just postpone everything."

I guess the displeased expression I was trying to hold back showed because he added "Listen, it's not like I'm happy to leave, I told you I'll come back for you tonight, and I will. Okay?"

I simply nodded. "Fine, but don't take too long" I said hugging him. He kissed the top of my head and then he was gone.

I was never one to have a lot of patience.

Noah's POV

I made my way back to my pact building quickly checking up on things and then went straight home. 

My mind is going haywire. It feels like the first time I started looking after my pack. I don't know what to think, what to do, where to start.

As soon as I walked into my house I heard footsteps running towards me and I immediately felt at ease but got a wave of anxiousness.

I saw Heather turn the corner and started my way with a big grin on her face. As she got closer she started to jog until she was in a full sprint coming right at me. I caught her just as she jumped towards me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hey" I mumbled, nuzzling her neck. Guilt crashes into me, I feel like cheated. I technically am cheating on the both of them until they know about each other. I hold her tighter, breathing her in and closing my eyes.