Chapter 4

E

Lily's POV

        It's starting to get late and he's still not here. 

        Where is he? I'm feeling really impatient, he told me before that he wanted me to meet somebody. Maybe it's his pack. Maybe he's informing his pack members that he's finally found his mate and he's getting ready to throw a surprise party for me. I love surprises but I love it even more when I know what it's about.

       I walk in the direction of the pact house. It's this huge building where everyone in the pack goes to have meetings. I don't know it's exact location but I'm assuming it's beyond this forest. Just as I enter the forest I'm met with a growl. I guess he hasn't informed his pack of me yet, so we can cross of surprise party. I dropped to my knees and lowered my head.

"Address yourself" he spoke.

"My name is Lillian but I go by Lily. I am new to the area and have yet to meet your alpha" I said. I thought it would be best if I didn't tell the man in front of me that I will soon be his Luna.

"Stand and keep your head lowered, I will bring you to the beta who will see if the alpha has time for you" he said taking my arm and began walking me.

Minutes later we stand in a clearing with houses that seem to go on. I turn to look at the scruffy headed man who looks a little older than I do. He must have been doing rounds when he spotted me.
He was focused straight ahead, I'm assuming he was mind linking with  someone. "The beta is busy so we'll have to wait."

I turned to look him straight in the eye to show him I'm being serious, even if I'm not. "I haven't met your alpha in person but I've spoken to him over the phone. I have information over a potential threat that this pack may face in the future. He's expecting me, and you'll see that once he sees me, I can't afford to be late."

"Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"I was scared. But now I'm in a hurry" I really need to stop lying to people. I'm doing it so often it's becoming a problem.

"I will take you to his place but if you try anything, you know he will either have you locked up or killed. Right?" he says.

His question is met with silence.

"Alright then, lower your gaze to the floor and follow me" he said. Grabbing me by the arm he starts to pull me along."

Noah's POV

No, not now, I'm not ready yet. Why is she here? How did she find where I live?

Heather ran her hands down her clothes as though they were wrinkled, then did the same with her hair. She took a deep breath and removed the grip I still had on her arm. 

Each step she took towards the door had me feeling nauseous.

Before when I thought of their first encounter I didn't know it would have me feeling this sick. I at least thought that the both of them would be aware of each other before they met.

I mean, these are two people that were made for me, and I for them. They wont want to share me, and I wouldn't want to share them if I was in their position. Also, having two beautiful mates may sound amazing, but I don't need all that drama that would come with it. Wolves are possessive, it wont work.

She puts her hand on the door knob and turns. I stop breathing. How did she get that far? I feel dizzy, I think I blacked out because next thing I know, the door is open and she wears a big fake smile. She learned how to look happy even when she's feeling the exact opposite. I have that skill too. But often struggle to hold it in place.

"Timothy! how nice to see you" she says but looks at him expectantly.

I don't see Lily, only a piece of Timothy's arm from the position I was standing.

Timothy bowed his head. "Luna I have someone that urgently needs to speak with Alpha Noah."

"Luna? What do you mean Luna?" Lily said sounding confused. I hear her heartbeat increase. I saw a flash of her brown hair indicating that she was looking back between Heather and Timothy. Which caused her scent to spread making me get a stronger smell of her. I could feel my body trying to transform and it took all that I had to keep it from happening. Her scent mixed with Heather's is driving me mad. I could feel my feet taking small steps towards the door.

Heather smiled softly. "I am the Luna of this pack, what bus-" she suddenly stopped. "Why have I smelt your scent before?" she asked herself quietly. She narrowed her eyes and balled her fist.
I stopped walking. She turns toward me. Her eyes are black. Her canines are extended and she growls. She turns back toward Lily and spits out "You!"

This is going to get bad real fast. I'm about to take the last few steps towards Heather to try to handle the situation but she put one foot outside while her other foot was firmly planted inside. It happened fast, all I heard was a growl, a scream, then saw Heather lean back on her foot with Lily attached to her hands by her hair only to be thrown across the room past me and into the wall.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C&V