Chapter 5

E

Noah's POV

I'm frozen stunned and torn in half. Do I go to Lily and help her up? Do I go to Heather and calm her down?

Before I move to help Lily up, she recovers and stands quickly, running towards me but Heather gets to her first. She stops her by the throat and backs her into the wall. "Who the hell are you?" she demands, her voice coming out in growls.

Lily tries speaking but when she gets any sounds out Heather tightens her fingers around her neck.

"Heather let her go" I say. I don't want to ever have to choose sides but it doesn't look like Heather is going to let go anytime soon.

Heather growls and tightens her fingers. Lily's starting to lose strength, she's clawing at Heather's hands slower.

"Heather I said let her go" I demand, my face contorting in anger. "NOW" I growl using my alphas command.

Heather drops her hand from Lily's throat and turns towards me. Her eyebrows furrow and her bottom lip starts to wobble.

Lily gasps for air on the floor then runs toward me placing both hands on my shoulders as she stands behind me. "Noah! She almost killed me do something" she screams but start's coughing.

My face softens as I look at Heather and my anger deflates. She breaks eye contact with me by looking at the floor.

"I don't really know how to react to everything that just happened. I mean, I would leave but that just seems a bit rude after all I've seen" Timothy says. We all look at him, standing there awkwardly, forgetting he was even there in the first place. 

I clear my throat "Tim, you can leave now. Get back to your position at the borderline and tell everyone to rotate their shifts."

"Everyone did that already, that's how I bumped into her" he said nodding his head to Lily.

I rub my hand down my face and sigh, "Tim just get back in position."

"Right, cool, awesome" he starts to back away and stops to look at Heather. He gives her a small smile and a nod of encouragement then turns to leave.

"Tim, mention this to no one" I say. He must think I'm some scum who cheated on his Luna. I guess in a way he's right. But also wrong.

"Got it" he says reaching in to to close the door.

When all is silent again Heather walks out the room and goes upstairs. Her face stoic. I began to follow after her but Lily pulled me back giving me a hard stare disappointed stare.

"Noah, were you going to make this mistress your Luna?" she asks.

I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose. I need to keep my patience and remind myself that she doesn't know whats going on.

I walk away from her grasp and look up at the ceiling closing my eyes taking deep breaths. Lily comes back to me worried, and wraps her arms around me from behind.

"Lily holy crap just give me a minute" I say shaking her off. I feel uncomfortable. Whenever Heather is feeling strongly about something I always have an uncomfortable feeling. I don't feel her exact emotion but I'm sure it's along the lines of back stab, anger, hurt, and betrayal.

"You want me to give you a minute? What about me I got choked! Almost to death and all you did was say 'stop, no, stop it'" She says, imitating my voice terribly.

"I don't sound like that and I didn't say that. I helped you the best I could" I said, I was getting exhausted from this whole thing.

"You should have stood up for me, you stood there and let her choke me, you should have hurt her for hurting me" she shouted. Tears were now running down her face.

"I would never hurt her, don't you ever suggest that again" I said in a low growl. Here I am once again, taking sides.

She looks at me stunned tears still streaming down her face. I grab her face in my hands. "Lily please listen to me, I care for you, and Heather" she was about to shout, but I rushed on. "She's been my mate for five months. Then today I was in my office when this scent hit me. A scent I couldn't resist, just like when I found Heather. When you walked in I knew it. I just knew it. Lily, I have two mates, and you're one of them."

 She stood still for about three seconds then ripped out of my grasp. "I can't believe you would lie to me. You care this much for your mistress that you aren't even considering on letting her go. Even though your real mate is standing right in front of you, you still want more." she was shaking her head, cleaning the tears off her cheeks with her hands even though more would replace it.

"Lily I'm not-" I broke off my sentence. How am I going to convince them both that I'm not lying? I feel my heart constrict.

I don't know if it's smart but I need to explain it to them while their both in the same room.

"Lily stay here, no arguments" I said running up the stairs.

I took two at a time and raced down the hallway to our bedroom door. I didn't hear anything coming from downstairs so I'm assuming Lily actually stayed. I crack open the bedroom door slowly.

"I've always told you to knock" Heather said quietly.

I opened the door all the way and stepped in. Heather was sitting on the bed with a small bag of clothes spilling out.

"Heath-" I began before she cut me off.

"I started packing, but then I heard your conversation downstairs" she says.

I nodded, waiting for her to continue.

"You've never once lied to me, you always tell me the truth no matter how hard it is" She said raising her head to connect her eyes to mine. "Even though your past was a little promiscuous you've never wanted anyone but me. Your wolf probably wasn't pushing you as hard as other wolves do to mark their mates because It knew it had another one out there. And I no you would have gladly marked me if things were different."

I feel relief flood me. She believes me.

My wolf wasn't as persistent when it came to me wanting to mark her. It was like he was half in and half out. When you mark someone, both the human and animal side have to agree with the marking.

I walked up to Heather and crouched in front of her. "I am so sorry Heather" I say holding her hands.

"I don't deserve this." 

"I know. Neither of you do" Neither do I.

She shakes her head. "It's happened to the neighboring alpha, remember? But he didn't have to choose, he found his second mate just before she died."

"Yeah" I don't no if he was lucky or unlucky about that. "Thank you for believing me, it means a lot, I know this isn't easy but please bare with me" I say, begging her with my eyes. 

Heather just stares at me for a long time. "So does this mean you have to choose who you want to be your only mate?"

I stand up holding her hand tighter, bringing her to her feet. Ignoring her question I say "Come on, there's someone downstairs who I want you to officially meet."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So the rest of the story will be posted on my profile KeypadHands on Dreame.com    See you there :D