Peace Before war Chapter 4

Sahira, Leonaya and the other four warriors Sahira trusted, Galinda, Jezelia, Nemeli and Russty had been counting and cross-checking all the equipment. Sahira wanted to make sure everything was as per the War rules and regulations of the Warrior of Nature.

First of all, they needed to check the visor of each helmet gear and their leather  overall combat suits to see if they were intact and operational.  Each helmet gear was dark with green fluorescent strips on the back. The combat suits were also black with green strips and the design of a fluorescent green leaf on each shoulders. This helped to identify each warrior of nature on the battlefield. Their recognition mark.  It was really important to check each of those two equipment.  Firstly, the helmet gear because it protected their identity . The enemies wore helmet gear too.  Also, during a battle or a war, it was unnecessary to see the enemies face. There was no reason to show pity to the Ruiners. They showed none towards the warrior of nature and towards nature herself. So, that was why both camps wore the helmet gear. Moreover each helmet gear had mini disintegration bomb. The combat suit also had mini disintegration bomb and health monitoring system. The health monitoring system was directly related to the heart and pulse of each warrior. And all the helmet gears and the combat suits were linked to a signal machine that detonated the bomb when necessary. The signal machine made the bombs explode whenever the visor was destroyed during a battle or when the heartbeat of a warrior stopped. The integral body of the warrior then disintegrated with the suit and the gear. There was no risk of the enemy taking a body for doing atrocious experiments. Moreover, a warrior could herself detonate all the bombs in the suit and the gear if ever she was captured by the enemy. There was a hidden switch on their suit belt.  So everything was done to protect their identity and anonymity. They could not afford for the enemies to learn something about how their bodies and powers were functioning. Plus with no prisoner, they could not torture any of them to spill any secret. The Ruiners also, the Warrior of Nature believed, had the same technology in the combat suit and helmet gear. So both group's powers, identities and secrets were well protected. 

But the helmet gear had other functions too. It had a voice transmutation mechanic and a communication apparel. So the warriors could communicate out loud as well as privately among themselves.  So orders could be given out loud as well as transferred  on a battlefield. 

They the Ruiners had the same technologies too, it was evident. 
For the warrior of Nature, they used technologies only for battle purposes. It was necessary. Their identity needed to be protected.

"Finally, everything is okay now", said Leonaya. "I don't think we need to cross check one more time Sahira."

Sahira nodded. Leonaya was right and she knew that she and the others were tired. Tomorrow was the final battle and they needed to rest.

"Alright warriors, let us go to have some rest. We meet tomorrow for the departure. Sleep well. May Mother Nature provide you all with her strength", said Sahira.
"Hail to Mother Nature", cried the other warrior in unison. Then they left, only Sahira stayed behind. She had a new technique she wanted to fully master before tomorrow. She went to the training area. After all, she was a beast on the battlefield.
________________________________
Devlon made the squad who controlled the armory ,equipment and combat attire check a last time . It was primordial to make sure that every combat attire was connected to the central system for the bomb detonating mechanism. In their black with red strips combat attire were mini bombs programmed to be detonated if a Futurist died on the battlefield, was wounded or captured.  Furthermore, the bomb could be detonated at distance if the Scientific Arsenal Research Squad believed that a Futurist was unfit to fight and might be held in captivity by the "Others". So, it was a matter of life and death to see that everything was functioning right and that the arsenal was forged to be as deadly as possible. As for Devlon, he personally took care of his weapon. He had forged them himself. So he knew how to handle them. His two bladed side swords were deadly. And with the Futurist technologies he had improved their capacity with some hidden aspects that shocked the enemy on the battlefield. And to finish, his fast generated energy repulsing shield was so powerful to repel attacks that till today no "Others" or Futurist had ever been able to deadly wound him. Devlon was not the best of fighter for nothing. If he was as strong as he was now, it was because he always improved himself. He believed that there was always room for improvement. Nothing was perfect for him as perfection hindered improvement. But improvement was perfection for him as improvement promoted perfection. He knew no one could understand him. But that didn't matter. What mattered now was the skill to kill and Devlon had inherited it in every particle in his body. As soon as the check up was finished, he would go to sleep and he would have the best rest of his life. The incoming battle made him feel at ease, in peace and calm. He knew that there was nowhere else now where he belonged. He belonged to the fight. He belonged to the bloody battlefield. Maybe he was not the Emperor for now. But one thing was sure, he was the Emperor on the battlefield.
_______________________________
short chapter?
Wait for the next.
The war is coming.
The end is near.