| chapter eleven |

' oh darling, go buy a personality '

WAKING UP TO THE SOUND of birds chirping, the blonde assassin felt content

WAKING UP TO THE SOUND of birds chirping, the blonde assassin felt content. The marvellous sunlight penetrated the blinds, the dust dancing in its glory. Ellie let out a sigh as she opened her clear blue eyes, a soft smile on her lips as relaxation flooded her body.

It's been a week since the blonde arrived at the Barton family house. The rest of the team stayed for a day and soon left and, thankfully, they wanted the blonde to stay at home. Ellie was happy about that because she needed to rest and collect her thoughts and she also enjoyed playing with the kids and talking to Laura for she gave off this mother vibe that just attracted Ellie, who never had a mother figure in her life.

"Hey, Laura." The blonde greeted as she descended the stairs.

"Morning." The pregnant women said, giving the teenager a warm hug before going back to the kitchen where she was making breakfast.

"Ellie!" Hearing the voice of Lila, the said grin opened her arms and brought the little girl into her warm embrace, twirling her around which made her giggle in happiness.

"Hey! What about me?" Cooper pouted as he walked into the kitchen with his arm folded. With Lila still in her arms, Ellie chuckled before she bent down to ruffle his hair before placing a kiss on his head.

"How was your sleep?" That was the same question she'd been asked every morning by Laura Barton, who, truthfully, cared for her as if she was her second daughter.

"The same. But it's better than the last." She flashed her a small smile. Laura glanced at her in sympathy. The poor teenager had demons haunting her dreams ever since that event with Wanda, her one true love. Ellie knew that no matter what, she would never hate Wanda but what she didn't know was if she could forgive her.

"Ellie! Can we play with the Butterflies!" Lila asked with wide eyes filled with innocence, one that wasn't contaminated with the cruel world's darkness and horrors.

"Sure." She chuckled and was about to stand up and go when Laura shook her head.

"Nope. Neither of you can go until you've finished your breakfast." Hawkeye's wife placed down four plates on the table, three for her children and one for herself. Ellie and Lila scoffed their food down, the latter being careful not to swallow or chew something big that would cause her to feel ill.

"Done." Lila grinned, finishing before anybody else. Her brother and older 'sister' soon finished after her, both with massive grins on their faces. "Now can we play with the Butterflies?!" Laura smiled softly, nodding her head and the two Barton kids ran out. Ellie stayed behind, helping Laura with the plates.

"You know, you don't have to help. I can do this by myself." Ellie flashed her a grin.

"I know." She grabbed all the plates before dumping it in the sink. She began to wash the dishes while Laura sat at the table, resting her feet on the chair next to her.

"Ellie!" Lila ran in with a pout, latching her hand around the blonde's wrist. "Come on; let's play!" Laura stood up, smiling softly when the blonde glanced at her.

"Go ahead." Lila grinned, dragging the older blonde outside the house where Cooper waited.

"Finally!" Cooper said, huffing as he uncrossed his arms. "You take forever!" Ellie chuckled at his impatience. The three of them plopped onto the ground, cross-legged. Ellie closed her eyes, chanting under her breath and just like that, her best friend and other half took over.

Enchantress stared at the children with no emotions, eyes narrowing at them before a warm smile took over her facial features as she wiggles her fingers, yellow wisps forming before the transformed into the shapes of multiple butterflies.

The two kids giggled with joy as the Butterflies soon began to form life, multiple colours flying in the sky as their wings. The butterflies fluttered up and down, their wings beating the summer air. They alighted upon a flower and folded it's wings neatly upward. They looked as beautiful as painted silk and as delicate as rice paper.

The Enchantress felt her heart swell at the joy and innocence of the two children she came to care for. The two children were amazed when she presented herself to them. They didn't freak out but instead grinned and asked her if she had magic. As the Butterflies flew around the area, the Enchantress clenched her eyes shut as she was forced to remember something painful.

Diana would describe butterflies like the flowers of the air. Both arrive just for the warm weather; both are transient; both are delicate. To her, the gaily painted wings were like falling petals in the breeze, tremulous, fragile.

The Enchantress let out a sigh as she felt her emotions swirl inside her. Sadness and grief washed over her like a tsunami.

Diana. Oh, how she missed her Diana.
Her one true light. Well, that was before she met her mate. Her real love.

Wanda Maximoff.

The only person that could bring down the worlds most dangerous witch.

One that could bring down cities with a blink of an eye.
One that could crack the ground of a whole continent with a flick of her wrist.
And one that would destroy the whole world in a single heartbeat if ever asked too by her mate.

She would and will do anything for her mate even if it means sacrificing everyone else.