| chapter twelve |

' seduce my mind, and you can have my body,
find my soul, and i am yours '

THE BARTON FAMILY,  minus Hawkeye, sat around the dining table with their guest, Ellie Kane, who was like another family member to them

THE BARTON FAMILY,
  minus Hawkeye, sat around the dining table with their guest, Ellie Kane, who was like another family member to them. The three Barton's enjoyed her company and accepted all her flaws, even if they thought she didn't have any.

The two children sat with big smiles on their faces as Ellie told them an over-exaggerated story. Because like, come on, who doesn't exaggerate their story once in a while?

Laura Barton watched her children with a warm smile on her face, happy that they met Ellie. She was a teenager that had a terrible past for her youngest years and, though Laura hated Strucker, he gave Ellie - a person she thought of as her child - a happy life for her remaining years.

A gasp of pain echoed throughout the dining room as the sound of cutlery hitting a plate was heard across the room. Laura snapped her head towards Ellie, who was clenching both her hands into a fist.

"Ellie? Are you okay?" Laura asked, standing up and moving to the side of the blonde, pressing her hand against the said girl's shoulder, whose eyes snapped open.

"Wanda." She said through gritted teeth, pain filling her body as her heart began to beat faster, tightening at the thought of its beloved. "She's in pain. I need to go to her." Laura smiled warmly, rubbing her back as a way to calm her down.

"Then go for her." Ellie looked at the brunette with love shining in her eyes. She stood up and wrapped her arms around the older women, falling into her warm embrace.

"Thank you." The blonde smiled warmly. "Say goodbye to the kids. Tell them I'll be back soon." Laura nodded, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"I will. Now go." She shooed her away which caused the blonde to giggle. Ellie nodded and called upon her other half, who waved at Laura upon seeing her. Enchantress raised her hand and clicked her fingers and just like that, she disappeared.

On the other side of the world, a battle between humans and robots occurred. The humans had the Avengers on their side, a group of superheroes, every single one of them holding a different kind of power.

In the church of Sokovia, a god was fighting against a robot, whose eyes glowed red with fury and hatred.

"You think you're saving anyone?" The robot asked, his voice deep as he pointed to the key that sat inside a rock-like thing that the group was protecting. "I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that."

"I am Thor, son of Odin," The god started, glaring at the robot whose hands were wrapped around his throat. "And as long as there is life in my breast, I am...running out of things to say! Are you ready?" And just like that, Vision flew in with Thor's hammer, swinging it and throwing the man like robot back.

"It's terribly well balanced." Noted Vision as he handed Thor the hammer back.

"Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so." Thor began to swing the hammer, explaining to Vision.

"I got it! Create a heat seal." Tony said, grinning as a light bulb lit in his head. "I can...I can supercharge the spire from below."

"Running numbers." Tony's AI, FRIDAY, said. The older man began to fight off the robots from SHEILD's Helicarrier's Lifeboats. "A heat seal could work with enough power."

"Thor, I've got a plan," Tony said through their earpiece.

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor said as he continued to fight off the robots that kept coming to the core, as he stated.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier," Tony instructed, flying to the church, ready to defend it. "Avengers, time to work for a living." The rest of the team joins Thor and Vision, all ready to defend the core with their lives.

"You good?" Pietro Maximoff as his twin, rubbing her back before bringing her into a small hug. Wanda nodded.

"Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing hide the zucchini." Tony said into the earpiece, waiting for his teammates.

"Relax, Shell-head." Natasha said as she joins the team."Not all of us can fly. What's the drill?" Tony pointed to the core made of Vibranium, which just happened to be the most durable type of metal on Earth.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." And on cue, Ultron showed up with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor yelled, hand clenching around his hammer. Ultron grinned wickedly before raising his hand, and an army of robots join his side.

"You just had to ask." Steve sighed, shaking his head.

"This is the best I can do." Ultron spoke, "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me." The Avenger glared at the robot with anger but determination flooded their features, all moving into fighting stances. "How could you possibly hope to stop me?"

"Together."