Chapter 7 - Baka!

It was a Wendy's day morning, coincidentally the day that Wendy Wolf was murdered, when the kawaii Madame Gazelle announced that the play was taking place in a few hours.

Pedro raised a crooked finger, because his finger was broken. "Madame Gazelle, we don't have enough time to rehearse-"

Madame Gazelle snapped the chalk she was holding in half.

"Pedro, you honestly infuriate me so much. Your voice - your voice - is like nails on a flipping chalkboard. Just seeing you makes me want to quit this job and work in McDonald's. You insolent child, you have no idea what time is. You're only, what, 4? When you get to my age, you'll understand that 'time' is just a marketing ploy enforced by the government in order to make you succumb to societal ordeals like what you're proposing. No one cares Pedro; apart from you. Because you, Pedro, are no one. Now shut up and rehearse for the goddam play."

The children sat in stunned silence. Fortunately, Candy had her flower earphones in, and was happily listening to "Nursery Rhymes for Kids, approved by mums!" whilst drawing a picture of a flower. She was also eating some sushi from her home prepared bento box. So precious, very soft.

"Haha, that's suuuu sugoi, Miss Gazelle!" Suzy glomped.

Madame Gazelle chopped down a tree, pressed it, produced paper, squeezed some fresh ink from a nearby Squidward, and wrote out the script by hand on the fresh parchment. Then, she handed it out to the nearest child - Danny. Senpoo.

"Right'o folks, gather round t' dog!" She choked.

The children gathered around the mutt, but Pedro hesitated. He couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. Danny must think he was so stupid, for running away like that! Baka, baka, baka!

Danny turned around and gazed at the protagonist. But Suzy suddenly pressed her ironing board of a chest in his face and he was forced to look away.

The children kept rehearsing, and eventually Pedro strutted over, with a hand on his hip, suddenly being all tsundere again. "Okay, I really don't want to do this..." he sighed, in angst. "But can I..."

"Rehearse with you?"