freedom

They smiled as they looked down at the small village at the foot of the mountain, that they were standing on.
The wind blew through their short hair and the sun made it shine like the ocean that stretched over the horizon, soft waves flowing over it with every fresh windblow.

They closed their eyes and spread their arms, head tipping back to enjoy the warm shine of the sun.
Every pore of their body was vibrating with pure joy.
'This is what freedom feels like.' They thought.
This feeling right now was worth going through all the hardships that life brought you. Because life also brought you happiness and love.

They took a deep breath and opened their eyes,arms still spread wide. Now they were ready to fly. And so they did.

Wings broke out of their back, creating almost no sound. Huge feathers stretched, shining in the blazing sun.
The wind blew through them, playing with them and creating a soft rustling sound.

The wings opened wide, creating a beautiful but yet also intimidating sight.
They took a deep breath and let the power of their wings surge through them, soaking up the feeling of thousand possibilities.
It was a wonderful feeling, to know that you could do anything, accomplish everything your small heart wished for.
At the same time it was terrifying, owning such power.

They exhaled and a smile spread over their face. Now was the time to enjoy. With one graceful move they got off the ground and went up into the sky.
A laugh bubbled up in their chest as they flew higher and higher, clowds caressing their wings.

They looked down at the small village and smiled. So many small people, fighting their way through life.
They changed their direction and left the small island behind. They shot over the water, blue waves rolling beneath them, the strong wind messing up their hair.
They laughed again and dived down, their hands grazing the surface of the water, leaving their trace and creating small splashes of water.

They pushed back up with just a few moves of their wings, smiling at their strenght. They loved this, feeling the wind biting their skin, the sun warming their body as endless water passed by underneath them.

There was no purpose besides flying and feeling free, because in moments like this they had found everything they needed.
There would be bad times, times that felt like everything is going wrong and nothing will be the same again, but there were also good times where they just smiled and went up to fly.