Chapter 10.

Oh my Lord, Tim, you got to go and catch up to Sherrif Colt, and the rest of the posse. That's your daughter out there." Rosie could see that Timothy was shocked, and he seemed to be frozen, unable to move. "Get going," Rosie said as she gently pushed him down the stairs. She helped him with his jacket and gloves then she thrust his rifle into his hands and kissed him on the lips, "Go, my love, rescue our daughter, she needs your help now."

She pushed him out the door and was about to wave farewell to him when a sudden sharp pain made her bowl over. When Tim saw Rosie kneel to the floor he became alarmed,

"My love? Is it the baby?" Rosie breathed in a deep breath, and smiled at him, "Don't worry my dear, I'll be fine, they say that the first babies always takes the longest. Before you go, could you stop and see if the doctor is available? By the time you arrive back with our daughter, you'll be able to see the other new addition to our family."

                                                                           *****************

"Mama? When can we go home?" Quinn silently pleaded Savannah with tears in her eyes. Savannah looked to her and smiled, "I'm not sure honey, but we must be brave, the sheriff will find us soon, if my hands weren't tied behind my back I would hug you."

"Keep quiet back there." The muffled voice from one of the men who was driving the wagon. Just then Joey began to whimper, soon the whimpers became loud cries. Savannah tried really hard to wiggle free of her bonds, she almost got her hands free, when she saw the second man raise the butt of his rifle and was about to hit him. "No. Stop! Can't you see he's scared? Please untie my hands. I'll stop him from crying I promise, please, he's just a baby! Don't hurt him!"

At first, Savannah was sure that the man wasn't going to listen to her, but then he rolled his eyes, took a small dagger from his boot and sliced through the ropes. "Shush, honey, don't cry." She repeated to him; with every bump the wagon took, Savannah noticed that they were moving further from the town. She hoped that Ramsay would rescue her and the children to safety. She was also curious about who their boss was. Even though deep down Savannah already had the feeling that she knew who he was in her gut. When she finally got Joey back to sleep she happened to overhear the conversation between the two drivers... "Hey Bert, do you think the boss will let us have some fun with her?" The other man turned to Bert real quickly and hit him across the head, "SHUT UP! Knucklehead that was supposed to be a secret, besides the Boss will probably want to claim first dibs on her."

"Dang it Jonas, you didn't need to hit me for that information!" Bert yelled loudly causing Joey to whimper a little as he was beginning to awaken from his sleep. When they finally made it to their lair, and the wagon stopped at the entrance to the abandoned mine, fear suddenly overcame Savannah. The children began to whimper once more causing the men who held them captive to turn to her and sneer, without saying anything to them, the men grabbed her and the children by the arms real hard and practically dragged them into the dark mine. There was very little light inside which made things difficult for Savannah to see where they were going, after a few minutes and some sudden sharp turns; the men threw them into another darkened shaft. Luckily the surface of the ground wasn't too hard but was cushioned with animal skins and pelts, so when they landed it didn't harm them in any way or cause the children to become hurt. When Savannah pulled herself up from the ground she heard some more muffled sounds.