Chapter 16.

"Ramsay, I wanted to say that you're; My Strength and my Might. You're My Shadow; My Keeper; My Helper; My Light. These simple little words I promise to you now are in reality my heart that I give to you with this vow. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful wife, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live." He held onto her hands a little more firm and gazed even deeper into her eyes, so filled with love he was for this woman. " Before I go further, I must ask you and all of you that are gathered here, Does Anyone know any reason why this man and this woman should not get married let him speak now or forever hold their peace." Reverend Samson said. At first, there was silence, but then the doors to the church burst open, then a child's cry came from the back. "I say, I have reason enough!"

When Savannah heard that voice she cringed on the inside, and silently prayed to herself that what she heard was part of her imagination and not really happening, but when she turned around fear and anxiety overcame her.

                                                                           *****************

Jack wasn't dead like everyone thought. He held Joey tightly to himself and pointed his pistol to his head. "If you don't want anything to happen to the little brat, then I suggest that you better come towards me without any lip."

"Daddy!" Joey screamed. Ramsay let go of Savannah's hands and started walking towards them and was about to draw out his gun from his holster and shoot him when he saw Jack push his gun closer to Joey's head. At first, he hoped that Jack wasn't going to do it, but when he heard the slide on the gun click, he stopped moving and paused.

"Hold it right there," Timothy shouted! "Back away from my grandson and slowly raise your hands unless you don't want to get shot," Timothy whispered into Jack's ear. Jack turned his head slightly to the left and eyed his father, "Evening pops!"

"Don't you, evening pops me; you sniveling conniving bastard!!" Jack sneered at him, "So! You finally clued in? You senile old man? But enough of this!"

As Jack was going to look at Savannah again and demand her to come to him, there was an echo of a gunshot in the room. When Savannah opened her eyes and looked towards Jack, there was a stunned look on his face. A stream of blood was rolling down his face and he began falling over. Thankfully, Rosie was able to take a hold of crying and terrified Joey before Jack collapsed. Everyone was looking around for the person who shot the gun. That's when Savannah caught her father sliding his gun back into his holster.  "Papa... you shot him?"

Jon shrugged his shoulders, "He would have hurt my grandson and you, honey if nobody did anything. So while Jack and everyone else was distracted... I shot him and ended his miserable life." Savannah hugged him fearlessly. "Thank-you papa,"