The Truck

AGE OF EXTINCTION STORY! XDXD 

Enjoy! ;)

---

Cade smirked smugly to himself as he drove the tow-truck, pulling his latest purchase with him. He had bought it in the hopes of repairing and selling it, and to make some money. But he also bought it out of curiosity. Why would a simple truck be full of Motor Shells. The vehicle looked like it had been through a warzone and barely made it through. 

Pulling up outside his home, Cade hopped out of the tow-truck to see his daughter Tessa coming towards him, not looking happy.

"A truck?" She asked in disapproval. "Dad. Please tell me you didn't spend our money on this?!"

"Oh no, don't worry. He didn't." Cade's assistant, Lucas said as he climbed out of the tow-truck. "He spent my money on it. 150 dollars."

"As an advance on your regular paycheck." Cade said as he unlocked the doors to his barn and slid them open with a grunt.

"What regular paycheck?" Lucas questioned with a raised brow.

"Which you will get back." Cade grunted while finishing opening the barn doors. He motioned to the ruined truck. "Drive that in here."

"You didn't answer my question--" Lucas protested, but Cade gave him a look that made him climb back into the tow-truck truck and carefully pull the other truck into the barn. Cade unhooked the trucks and had Lucas take the tow-truck back outside while he got to work looking at what he hoped would be worth at least 300 dollars if fixed. 

"Dad. This truck is a piece of junk!" Tessa said and followed them into the barn, and Cade could swear he heard the truck's engine grunt, almost in offence. He dismissed it however, due to the damages.

"Hey, we do not use the 'J' word in here!" Cade snipped back sharply, setting up the truck so he could assess it's condition. "And do you know what the engine of this runs for? I can break it down and strip it for parts."

Tessa sighed and went beside Cade, looking at him pleadingly. "Dad, please, you can't just keep buying junk--"

"What I did I say about the 'J' word?" Cade repeated, focused primarily on the truck. He didn't hear her reply, so turned and looked at her solemnly. "Look sweetie, I fix that." He said, pointing back at the truck. "That's 300 dollars. He then gestured to a assortment of devices on his workbench. "I fix all these that's another 250. This stuff is what's gonna put you through college, as long as you land one of those scholarship things. And when my inventions take off, we'll be set up for life."

Tessa shook her head with a sigh before walking out of the barn towards the house. "If they take off.."

Cade watched her go with a frown, before turning and beginning to figure out how exactly to fix the truck.

---

Yes I reworded parts and changed bits 

It works better for the story