It's Not a Truck...

The Next Day...

Cade had been in the barn working on the truck all night. He actually didn't seem tired. He was too fascinated by his project to succumb to exhaustion. This was the most interesting--well, strangest truck he'd ever seen.

But he suspected that the there was more to this truck than meets the eye.

Cade continued to patch up a hole on the vehicle's left side when he heard Tessa yelling for him. Grinning excitedly he headed for the doors. He had to show them what he'd discovered.

"Are you working with lasers?" Tessa asked as she neared, sounding worried. "'Cause if you are I'm not coming in!"

Cade quickly opened the doors before Tessa or Lucas could and quickly ushered them in, smirking like a excited little boy. "You guys have never seen a truck like this! Get in here and lock the door."

Lucas frowned at the absence of the lock while Cade showed Tessa the truck. "Look! Look at the size of the hole in the radiator. Something blew a hole in it!"

"Yeah so?" Tessa asked, confused.

"Its not normal steel. The shrapnel in the engine, it ripped all the connections apart! And watch.." He began to explain, hooking up cables to the power source. "This took some Cade genius, you're gonna love it. When I hook this back up to a working battery..."

The truck started to spark and almost come to life. Lucas and Tessa flinched in surprise.

"Calling--Calling all Autobots!.." The truck's stereo spoke in a recorded message. Tessa looked shocked.

"Yeah." Cade said, smirking and thinking he'd disconnected the cables. "I don't think it's a truck at all. I think we just found a Transformer!"  

"A Transf-former?.." Lucas stuttered in fear, backing up quickly before running for the door. "Call 911!" He yelped.

"No Lucas wait!" Cade said pleadingly. He tried to grab him, but the truck suddenly sparked back to life, then transformed rapidly. The giant 'bot spun around in fear, going for the gun on his back as Tessa screamed. They thought he was a murderous Decepticon.

They had no idea this was Optimus Prime. The leader of the faction that once protected them.

Optimus swerved and pointed his gun at them all. "I'll kill you! Stay back!" He barked angrily.

"Run! Call the cops!" Lucas yelled and made a bolt for the door, despite Cade's shouts to stop. Optimus growled and smacked Lucas over the head with the nose of his gun, making the human fall to the ground groaning.

"Lucas, calm down." Cade said calmly, edging forward and gesturing for Tessa to stay back. 

"Easy human." Optimus warned, keeping his guard up.

"Just stay calm. He's not gonna hurt us." Cade muttered calmly and walked slowly over to the Prime, hands raised to show he wasn't a threat. 

"A missile hit your engine, and its still inside of you." Cade said gently, moving ever so closer. "You're hurt really bad." 

Optimus eyed him suspiciously, but lowered his gun all the same. 

"You're in my home now. I'm an engineer, my name is Cade Yeager." He added gently.

"Cade, I am in your debt." Optimus replied weakly but gratefully, kneeling down slightly. "My name is Optimus Prime." 

Cade went to speak, but Optimus suddenly collapsed to the floor, clutching his head coughing and spluttering Energon. 

"Easy easy it's alright." Cade said, backing away as Optimus lay weakly on the floor. Groaning in pain he slowly transformed back into his truck mode, which was leaking Energon from many points. The door popped open and Optimus' holoform stumbled out.

His holo had light brown hair and a light beard, and was wearing dusty, tattered clothes. He had a head wound that was bleeding profoundly, and a bleeding gash on his chest, one on his leg and various other bruises and small cuts. He still had his electrifying blue eyes. 

"My Autobots.. Are in danger.." Optimus mumbled desperately, his eyelids drooping. Cade went forward and caught him when he passed out. 

"Tessa help me here!" Cade said urgently as he grabbed the unconscious man's left side while Tessa grabbed the right side, both working together to hoist him up.

"Lucas go find the first aid kit!" Cade ordered, while he and Tessa carried Optimus out of the barn towards the house, drips of blood trailing behind him.

Lucas looked at him in disbelief as he ran beside him. "What? You can't help him! He's an alien robot you need to call the cops!"

Cade simply glared at him and continued lugging the injured man inside. "I'm not just gonna let him die Lucas."

With some hard work, the three of them got Optimus inside the house and got to work patching him up.

---

Let me know what you think so far! XD