Call Me Orion

{Music: Tessa - Age of Extinction OST}

Soooo I had a sudden burst of inspiration for this book today so surprise update!

And as a reward for anyone still interested in this story it's a lengthy one XD

(Optimus/Orion's holoform is now Stephen Amell, as suggested by DarkNight2202)

///

3 Days Later...

The Yeager Household had been majorly secretive concerning their temporary house guest. Cade had been very strict on Optimus remaining a secret, for he and Tessa's safety more than Optimus'. They were basically harbouring a fugitive, and Lucas was more than displeased about it.

For the last few days Lucas had been trying to talk Cade into giving Optimus up, frequently bringing up the $25,000 reward that he knew Cade could so desperately use. But Cade wasn't going to be pressured into it.

He had to admit at first, as he'd seen Optimus lash out upon first awakening. He'd been so violent. Cade had to consider that he might be too dangerous. But the last few days he'd observed how Optimus had been with Tessa. So gentle and kind and helpful, and as much as the father hated to admit it, the Prime had been there for his daughter more than he those last few days. While Cade had been cooped up in the barn for most hours trying to both figure out a way to safely remove the missile from Optimus' chest and find a solution for their money worries.

Cade was sat in there now, slouched on a old crate as he pondered all of this. It was only 8 in the morning but the man had already been in there a good few hours working on Optimus' truck form. The missile remained precariously lodged and Cade had been hesitant to try to remove it in case it went off.

If that were to happen it would not only be Optimus that perished,but he too. So for now, he worked to try to disarm it and prevent it from being detonated until he could safely remove it. He had implanted a few magnetic devices around the missile to keep it in check. And Cade was reminded of Iron Man as he saw the parallels between Tony Stark and Optimus. Both had a device in their chest that prevented something deadly destroying their heart. He considered telling Optimus about that little inside joke, but he doubted Optimus even knew who Iron Man was.

While he was thinking about him anyway, Cade got up and headed back to the house, deciding to check up on their guest. He strolled through the front door and headed into the living room to find his daughter and his houseguest sitting on the couch, watching The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Optimus actually looked to be enjoying it. Cade shook his head amused. The Prime was this big powerful robot, yet his teenage daughter had him sitting watching TV and chatting like an ordinary human. He looked a lot better than he had done. The colour had returned to his face, and he didn't look as pained as he shifted to speak with her more.

Optimus, being always observant had heard Cade coming and smiled in a friendly manner, turning to face him. "Hello, Cade. I trust you are well this morning?"

Cade nodded to answer Optimus' question, but he caught sight of the clock and noticed Tessa should have been at school by now.

"I'm good." He briefly answered before looking to his daughter with an expectant look. "Why aren't you at school?"

"I'm studying from home today." Tessa shrugged simply, turning her attention back to the TV with no intention of study.

"No you are not." Cade scoffed and walked around, blocking her view of the screen, to her annoyance.

"Dad!--"

"Tess' these classes are important. You've got exams coming up and you've gotta pass those to get into college." Cade told her sternly but gently. He hadn't had the chance to go to college, but he wanted his daughter to have the opportunity he didn't.