Optimus

I'm just gonna clarify this won't be a shipping story. Optimus is Cade and Tessa's friend, not lover.

Cade and Optimus shall be bros XD

---

Cade and Tessa deposited Optimus' holoform carefully onto the couch as Lucas ran back in with the first aid kit. Cade grabbed it off him and quickly set it down on the couch arm, pulling out what he'd need.

Cade wasn't a doctor by any means, but he'd had enough accidents while inventing to know how to treat a bleeding wound. He held Optimus, who was groaning in pain, steady while he had Tessa clean the wounds with antiseptic wipes. When she'd finished Cade had to cut off Optimus' ruined shirt to reach the chest wound. Much of his torso was soaked in blood.

"What did they do to you?.." Cade sighed as he saw and picked up a bottle of rubbing alcohol. The head and leg would weren't as deep as they could've been, but the one on the centre of his chest was severe, due to the missile still lodged inside his alt mode.

Cade motioned for Tessa and Lucas to hold Optimus down, knowing this would burn.

"This is gonna hurt.." He said to the Prime gently, bottle at the ready. "Try to stay still, it'll be OK."

Optimus groaned weakly in response, and gave an understanding look even though he was kind if out of it. Cade hesitated slightly, before quickly pouring the alcohol onto the wound and pressing a cloth on it, making Optimus howl in pain and jolt in reaction.

Tessa gritted her teeth in distress as she held him. "Dad he's in a lot of pain."

Cade nodded and continued. "See if there's any morphine in the kitchen."

Tessa ran off to check, and Cade pulled away the cloth. Optimus panted in pain, closing his eyes.

"You're OK, just hang on buddy." The engineer said gently. He began to carefully bandage Optimus' chest. Tessa came back promptly, having found some morphine tablets. While her father bandaged the Prime up Tessa carefully shook him to get his attention.

Optimus grunted and droopily opened his eyes to look at her.

She held a couple of pills up to his mouth with one hand and had a glass of water in the other. "These will help with the pain." She whispered softly, a gentle expression on her face.

Optimus gave her a grateful look, then opened his mouth and took the pills. Tessa held the water to his lips, and he took a drink before closing his eyes again.

Some time later, Cade wrapped the last of the bandages onto the injured man and stepped back. Optimus looked slightly better than he did before. There was a crisp bandage wrapped around his forehead, one around the bottom of his right leg, that side of his pants cut so they could reach the cut, and his chest was heavily bandaged. They'd cleaned most of the blood away but it still stuck to his skin in some places. He was still slightly pale, but not as much as before, meaning he was stable for now. He was sleeping currently, grunting occasionally.

"So now what?" Tessa asked lowly, the 3 of them just watching the sleeping man.

"Now we call the cops! While he's out!" Lucas hissed, only for Cade to slap a hand over his mouth to shut him up.

"We are not calling anybody." Cade hissed back, glancing over at Optimus to see if he'd woken. Thankfully he hadn't.

"Dude! You've got a giant alien robot in the barn! And now sleeping on your couch!" Lucas exclaimed frantically, Tessa shushing him. "There's a number you call. You give them a live one, you get a reward. 25,000 dollars!"

Tessa glanced over at Optimus unsurely. She knew they needed the money, but this guy was hurt and defenceless. Were they really going to turn him over to the government?

"Dad we need to think about this." She insisted. "He's not hostile."

Cade sighed, thinking. True they did need the money, that reward would fix all their problems. But he thought if that was him lying there. He'd hope that his carers would be humane enough not to give him up.

Besides, he thought of all the engineering glory he could learn from this 'bot.

Cade sighed before making up his mind. He spoke lowly. "Alright. Listen, we'll give it some time, let him get better. Once he's stronger we'll decide whether or not we make the call. But until then not a word about him to anyone."

Tessa nodded in agreement. Lucas went to argue, but they were interrupted by a raspy cough coming back from the couch. Optimus was awake again, coughing and looking at them unsurely.

"Is something wrong?" He asked with a frown.

Cade shook his head and glared at Lucas before walking back over to the couch. "Nothing's wrong. How you feeling?"

Optimus ignored the question and groaned as he tried to stand. "I need to help my Autobots.. I need to go.. I need to go now." He winced and fell.

Cade quickly grabbed him and lowered him back onto the couch. "How far do you think you're gonna get?"

Tessa went over, looking at him with concern. "What happened to you?"

Optimus yelped in pain as he sat back down, holding his head. "An ambush.. My Autobots can repair me!"

"If you can reach 'em." Cade said honestly, making Optimus sigh. Cade then crossed his arms. "What about me? I can fix you and we can look after you. Then when you're better you can go find your 'bots."

Optimus looked at him in surprise. "Cade.. Why are you willing to help me?"

Cade shrugged. "I guess.. Because you need it. And you defended our planet, so we kinda owe you."

Optimus paused, before eventually sighing and nodding. "Alright Cade. I accept your help."

---

Hope you're enjoying it so far! XD