Chapter Four

"Naomi, are you sure you are okay? You have been very distracted lately." my father asks as I make dinner. I turn to him and smile.

"I'm fine. Just thinking about things that's all." I say. I turn back to the stove. The truth is I have been thinking about what is going to happen in two weeks. I haven't trained since I was at Anthony's. I have no clue if I'm still going to be fighting.

"Are you thinking about that boy?" he asks. I stop for a moment. "His mom called saying she will be coming by today."

"Why didn't you tell me before now?" I ask. "I could have made more food so she can eat with us."

"She wont be staying very long. She just wants to talk to you." he replies. I turn off the stove. I get out the plates and set them on the table. I set the food in the center of the table and grab two napkins. "She said she will be by at 5:30. She should be here any minute now."

Once my father said that I hear a car pull up along side our house. I look out the window to see Anthony's mom. I do not want to talk to her considering the last time I talked to her it did not go very well. She rings the door bell as I put the food on my plate. I go to the door.

"Hello, Naomi. May I come in?" she asks. I nod my head and open the door wide enough for her to come in. "I need to ask you a favor. Where is your father?"

"In the kitchen. I had just made dinner. Would you like some?" I ask trying to be polite. She smiles.

"No, thank you. I would like for you to come back to my house. Anthony has not been the same since you have left. He refuses to talk to many people except the ones he is close friends with. He stays in his room or is usually on the roof. I am worried about him." I raise my eyebrow.

"And what is it you want me to do?" I ask.

"I would like for you to try and talk to him." I sigh.

"Okay. Lets go." I grab my bag and say goodbye to my dad.

When we get to the house I walk inside. Clayton sees me from the chair he is sitting in. He gets up and comes over to me.

"Naomi, is that really you? My gracious you have changed a lot. Look at you. You have grown a little taller. Your hair has grown very long but still as beautiful as ever. Anthony will be pleased to see you." Clayton says.

"Where is he? I must talk to him at once." I say calmly.

"He is sitting in his room. Maybe drawing or reading. You can go up right away." he says. I smile.

I rush up to Anthony's room and knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear him say from the other side. I open the door. I close the door quietly. I walk over to Anthony so that I'm standing a few feet away.

"Anthony." I say quietly. He lifts his head up but still facing away. He then turns to me. His eyes widen and a huge smile appears on his face.

"Naomi." He gets up and hugs me tightly. "I thought my mom did not want you here."

"She asked me to come back to talk to you. Anthony you need to talk to everyone. What ever happened to Brittany?" I ask. He lets go.

"She knows that I loved you. Her and I are marrying in a few weeks. My mother has already arranged it all." he says. I look at him and fake a smile.

"Wait, you loved me?" I ask.

"I did, but I don't anymore. I know I am to marry Brittany." Anthony says. I nod my head.

I know that Brittany and he are to be married. I always did. Brittany does love him. I can see it in her eyes. I saw it the first time I looked at them both. I believe that he loves her too. Anthony may not realize it but he does love Brittany. He loved me even though he knew it wasn't what his mom wanted. When it came down to it he knew he couldn't be with me. He belongs with Brittany even if he doesn't realize it.