Preparing for the Wedding

For the next few weeks, Sofia and Hugo planned out the wedding. The ceremony was going to be at Albuquerque Palace and the reception at Hugo's manor house.

Amber had made some wedding invitation designs, and now she just needed her sister and future brother-in-law's opinion.

"Sofia, Hugo, are you busy?" Amber asked.

"No, what do you need?" Hugo asked.

"I made some wedding invitation designs, and now I just need your opinion," Amber said.

Amber had made some beautiful wedding invitation designs, but the one Sofia and Hugo liked the best had a light blue border, and their names were written in dark blue to be more noticeable.

"This one is beautiful," Sofia said.

"Indeed," Hugo smiled.

"Okay, let's stick with this one," Amber said. "Do you need any help with anything, Sofia? You said you needed help picking out your something old, something new, and something borrowed. I think you already have your something blue: your eyes."

It was true—Sofia's eyes are light blue.

"Well, I do have my amulet—that can be my something old," Sofia declared.

"Maybe your dress can be your something new," Hugo suggested. "Maybe my mom has something you can borrow. I'll ask her."

"You do that," Sofia smiled.

It took a few weeks to plan everything out for the wedding. Amber even redesigned Sofia's wedding dress. It was light blue with a beautiful design at the hem, and the top part looked just like the top on Belle's yellow ballgown.

"Amber, this is gorgeous," Sofia gushed. "Thank you! I can feel your love in every stitch."

"Well, my sister's wedding gown has to be made with love—otherwise, what's the point?" Amber grinned.

Sofia really felt like this wedding was going to be great. In fact, everyone was so busy planning out the wedding that the time went by very quickly—and April had already come.

It was April 23rd, and everyone was setting up for the wedding ceremony. Sofia's family was at Albuquerque Palace, setting up for the ceremony, when Isabel came, very excited.

"Sofia, look who came for the wedding," Isabel said.

Isabel's older sister, Elena, came in with Mateo by her side, and they had a little girl who looked just like Elena.

"Elena! Mateo!" Sofia beamed. She went over and hugged Elena and Mateo tightly.

Elena and Mateo had gotten married a few years ago, and the little girl was their 5-year-old daughter, Maria.

"You came all the way from Avalor for the wedding?" Sofia asked.

"You didn't think I'd ever miss the wedding of the princess who saved Avalor by freeing me from her amulet, did you?" Elena asked.

"I don't know what can make this wedding even better than it already is," Sofia smiled. "Nevertheless, I can't help but think I forgot something."

Suddenly, Hugo and Samira showed up.

"Elena, Mateo!" Hugo beamed. "You made it too?"

"Tia Isa invited us," Maria said.

"Yes, I did," Isabel smiled.

"Anywho, Sofia, I think you forgot that you needed something borrowed," Hugo told his fiancée.

Sofia realized that she had forgotten that she needed to borrow something, but luckily, her future mother-in-law knew what to do. Hugo was carrying a box, which he opened, and inside the box was a sapphire blue tiara. Samira took it out and put it on Sofia.

"I wore this when I got married to King Garrick," Samira declared

"I wore this when I got married to King Garrick," Samira declared. "It would be great if my future daughter-in-law wore it for her wedding."

"Gosh, thank you," Sofia smiled. "This is a real honor." She and Hugo really felt like this wedding was going to be perfect.