9

They'd been on the couch watching a movie for the past hour and a half. Carmilla was actually paying attention to it for brief periods. A bunch of talking groceries would hardly be entertaining, but these groceries used language that was right up her alley. The ending scene was almost too much to watch. Laura looked intrigued at the entire thing, while Carmilla found interest in the content of her water bottle. There was far too much sexual tension in the room for this.

The credits flashed across the screen, much to Carmilla's relief. It would be a long time before she could look at a taco the same.

"Do you want to watch another movie?" Laura reached for the remote on the table.

.....

"I want to see Mattie."

Carmilla kept it to herself for several hours. At first, she wasn't sure if she actually wanted to see her sister after all of this. Everything that she was still finding out put her at a crossroad. But, if she didn't see Mattie, she wasn't sure if some of it would make sense.

Laura was dreading Carmilla requesting this. She's hoped she would have time to prepare herself. Two years away didn't make Laura forget Carmilla. It couldn't make her forget how Carmilla was, and she could never forget how Carmilla got when she was angry. And Laura knew she was angry. Mattie was just as bad. Those two together could bring a building down.

"Do you think it's a good idea?" She pulled a knee up to her chest. "You two probably need some time to get a grip on your emotions. I know Mattie probably should. And you-"

"She's had two years to get a grip on her emotions, cutie. Why she would even have emotions is beyond me. She didn't lose everything. I did." Carmilla frowned to herself. She didn't mean to include that last bit, it just sort of came out. It was easy to express these feelings to Laura, too easy. Some things still didn't change.

Laura couldn't ignore it. She did choose not to speak on it for now. There was more on Carmilla's mind than her slip up. "I just don't want to see you and your sister fight after everything."

"That's not my intention, Laura. I really want to see her." Carmilla promised. She thought she'd lost Mattie once already. She was still her sister. Carmilla missed her too.

Laura sighed, deciding it better to succumb to Carmilla's request rather than fight it. "Okay..."

............

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Carmilla chuckled. "It's a little too late to turn back now that you've dragged me all the way out here."

Carmilla had insisted on driving and having Laura give her directions, but she quickly realized that Laura yelling over the roar of her motorcycle- or even trying to use GPS while driving- would prove difficult. So, they came up with another idea. An idea that Carmilla only had partial disagreement too.

It was weird riding passenger on her own motorcycle, though she didn't mind the driver. Laura on her bike, wind blowing what was sticking out of the helmet, and her actually driving it like a bad ass was extremely impressive. And hot. Carmilla was almost afraid for her safety as she clung to the waist of the blonde...Because she was slightly afraid of course.

The ride to the outskirts and into the forest wasn't long; so, Carmilla took pleasure in as much as she could. They parked her bike by a tree close to the large house and walked up the pathway to the front door. It felt like something straight out of the Twilight series, this house. Carmilla had to scoff at it.

Mattie did have a secret obsession with that book. And Esme...

Laura produced a key dangling around her neck, bending to the lock rather than removing the key. The door opened and they stepped inside. Carmilla smirked as she took in the place from where she stood. Mattie definitely lived here. It was more modern, but still Mattie.