17

Laura could feel her leg falling asleep as she, herself, began to stir awake. She tried moving it around in hopes that it would ease that feeling of silicone beads adjusting in her skin against carpet causing static, but she had very minimum space to get around. Every time she tossed her leg over, it felt like a rendition of Arizona Robbins during the plane crash; just less screaming. Once the cloud of sleepiness began to subside, she realized she was, just lightly, kicking a balled-up Carmilla- who somehow ended up in the center of the bed wrapped in blanket- while Laura was confined to the edge of the bed with nothing keeping her warm but the friction of her own hands against her shoulders. In that moment, while her leg was silently ringing and her naked body was slowly getting chill bumps that nearly hurt to the touch, Laura never wanted to smack Carmilla with a pillow so much in her life. Even the concave of study buddies got a pass compared to this moment. She peered over her cold shoulder with a grimace.

Look at her. Sleeping. Warm. Probably dreaming about her days slurping necks and taking chocolate chip cookies. Stupid, useless...ex-vampire! I bet she spends her days pretending to be Krampus and telling kids Santa dies in their chimneys!

With a low grunt, Carmilla shifted before falling still again. Laura huffed, turning around again. She noticed her shirt on the floor. Finally, something going in her favor! She reached for it, but she just couldn't reach, fingers just inches away. A simple tilt down should be enough to grab it. Right? Wrong! It was, however, enough to knock Laura to the floor. She heard a thud and felt what she was sure was the floorboards shifting beneath her butt; but, clearly, Carmilla heard nothing as she made no move to check out the source of the noise. Snatching the fabric from underneath her legs, Laura yanked the shirt over her head just as an alarm sent Carmilla into a frenzy underneath the blankets before she was able to swipe her phone screen. The blanket dropped down to her waist and she looked around in confusion as her eyes adjusted.

"Laura?" Her voice was caked with sleep. It made Laura's stomach flutter.

Laura pulled herself up onto the bed with a grunt. "Did you not hear me fall?"

"You fell?" Carmilla purred, laying her head on Laura's shoulder, satisfied that Laura hadn't left the bed after all. Well, the bedroom at least. "I thought you just dropped a pen or something. It was so faint. You're such a tiny Hollis, Cupcake. So light."

The decimation by pillow idea pushed itself back to the front of her mind.

"I am not tiny! I have muscles, you know!"

"Mm. Quite well."

"N-. I-. Look!" She shoved up her shirt to reveal her abdomen. "That is a six pack right there, Karnstein!"

Carmilla peered down, an intrigued look on her face. Laura had gotten her attention. All her attention. Pale fingers traced the hard muscles before her thumb pressed against a particularly fleshy area of Laura's hip and a hand held her in place.

"You know, I'm starting to truly believe you're really here and not just a fucked up picture in my head." Carmilla whispered, capturing Laura's lips in her own. Her free hand locked itself in her hair while the other massaged that sensitive spot as deeply as flesh would allow it to go.

Laura put the desire to bash raven hair with her pillow back in the shadows where it belonged. A stronger craving had surfaced. Every time that Carmilla's thumb dug into her side, her body arched and a groan itself in the back of her throat. If she stopped kissing Carmilla for even a second, the eruption of pure need that spilled out of her mouth would be her undoing.

The roll of Laura's hips was driving Carmilla crazy. Eventually, she grabbed her by the waist with both hands and pulled her onto her lap, keeping her thumbs exactly where she wanted them. Every roll sent growls from deep within and against Laura's skin.