Chapter 5 - Hidden

Frisk Pov

It opened.

The door opened.

After the years of sticking myself to our room. Playing video games on the living room. Troublesome in Gaster's lab.

I finally managed to find something. That I hope to get what I want.

I crawled into the metal door. The width of this likely vent is kinda big and the height seems to match how would Gaster crawl here as so to the others as well. So I just bend my body and run like an anime style.

Above seeing the light far front of me, I ran faster, hoping the darkness around me would stop.

I ran closer to the light. When I did, my eyes were blurred from the shining light. I closed my eyes for a minute then opened. I looked up to see a whole big room full of machines.

I stepped closer when I felt pieces of shards stepped by my boots. I looked down to see transparent glassy pieces on the ground. Oh! So this is the sound heard from the lab. Then from the side I saw a stony side table with a tray and a plate. The broken pieces must be the glass. Oh no, I gotta clean it up before they saw the evidence of me coming here.

I quickly found a broom and swoop the glass somewhere I could hide. Upon finishing the swooped evidence, I glanced up again at the room.

Thoroughly surprised, I explored like always. The machines used to Gaster make are very complex. Many machines I saw were different and some are broken and looked it had been abandoned. Then I saw on the other side is a study table with a table lamp and a corkboard with pinned papers on front.

I went over to see on the table were papers that has been written in Gaster's writing. I sighed nothing new will come out of them. I went over to the other way and saw an empty room.

That's suspicious. No machines stacked up like the others. So, as the obvious ride into my head, I went. The walls seems pretty rocky since we live like an underground house.

I searched the hole empty area and as good as I am finding things, my instincts said that to look to the bottom right corner. And so I did look at the way.

Bingo! A button. The button looked like it blended through the stone perfectly, but nothing can outsmart me. Well, Gaster may be.

I pushed the button and the left side view of mine brighten. I glanced up to see a holographic monitor and below was a holographic keyboard.

I smiled for a moment. Thinking that this will be an opportunity to end my nightmares. (Yes, I had nightmares mostly.)

I went to the keyboard and start typing. The first one I would see is the map. And it lead me to it quickly.

The territory of humans was in... The mountain called Mt. Ebott?

Weird. I thought humans ruled the land since the war. Gotta tell them later or so if I don't make it out alive.

Then far side opposite of the mountain, was the dark part of the map. I touched it and info was introduced.

'Corrupt territory'

'Place of unidentified livings that had been infected by the corruptors. The leader was unknown due no one got near into the territory. Legend tells that a brave soul went into the dark place and had never been return since. The ruler of the world. Destruction to mankind and monsterkind. Beware who shall enter.'

That last part had me frozen. Shivered by this terrific place, I exited the info and went for searching through the map to distract myself. I saw our little location which is close to the humans' location. And is well very hidden too. In the map, it's just an overly forested land. No wonder no one caught us by now.

I soon felt  'the feeling' again and said to look over the forest on the middle of two territories. Confused and curious, I touched the forest site and saw a unknown location title.

Very weird. This doesn't have any info, no name, but it involved at the map? And it seemed like no one touched this before. Felt like it though.

I smiled again and print up the coordinates of the unknown location.

I got the papers and turned back at the monitor. I exited the map and turned it off. I folded the paper and put it in my pocket. I made sure no evidence scratched the room and the empty area. When I saw nothing, I ran in a brisk pace to the metal door, then my eyes went blurred again. I closed like the last time and opened to see I'm at the dark pathway. I saw the door is still open so I bend my body and ran like an anime.

When I reach the end, I closed the door then automatically locked itself. I closed the cabinet. I sighed in relief.

Then another 'feeling' rushed in my head and warned me they're coming back.

No time to lose, I jumped through the window and landed safely.

I quickly ran into our room with my video game and played it.

After a few minutes I heard Chara yelling at my name and I replied 'I'm here'.

Oh no.

The window.

.... m-maybe they won't figure it out. Yeah, it's usual and pretty much my routine so they'll forget it. Well... except Gaster. Holy mother of cheese n crackers, I'm sooo gonna be grounded.

I expect to see them in our room. Shouting and saying the lesson all over again. Gaster being the mad scientist he is, will give me the death stare without escape. Papyrus, as punishment, teach me lessons about responsibility and discipline. Chara, will not give me chocolate chips. Asriel, won't play with me for two days. Those punishments may be stupid and bad, but I got used to it.

I can hear someone going down the ladder into our room. I stopped playing to see Chara and Asriel. While it may seem normal, I saw Chara's eyes were abit red. Asriel seemed to be tired as usual. I frowned at the sight of Chara especially her eyes. It looked like she kinda sprayed or watered at the eyes. They noticed my presence when I looked at them.

"Well, look who's being very suspicious." Chara said to me playfully yet seriously.

"You know who I am, sissy. I'm good at hiding. And you know it! Better than you." I smirked. Asriel chuckled faintly and Chara groaned.

"But no better than the mad scientist himself." Chara talked back and Asriel gave an 'OHHHH' quiet expression. I pouted at the faces and they laughed softly.

"Is Gaster gonna be mad at me?" I asked making a fake smile to be more playful than worrisome. They looked at me confused.

"Why would he? Unless you did something that was far private." Chara replied.

What? I though they knew about the window. No, maybe they're just joking me. Yeah, that must be. They're gonna fool me, but not this time.

"Yeah right. Don't try to fool me. You know what I've done. You're just tricking me to thinking that I was saved from all of the ruckus." I said.

Their faces wasn't I expect, confusion. "Frisk, we saw nothing had been touched from the lab. So maybe we thought you got tired with it." Asriel said.

I sighed in frustration. I climbed up to the ladder and was about to point at the lab door when I saw the window is.... fixed?

The door's window is fixed. No scratch were there. No broken shards either.

My mouth just dropped in surprise and disbelief. Did.. did I fixed that window. I just saw it was broken when I saw it. Now its just like new.

"What are we seeing again, buddy?" I snapped back when Asriel was beside me.

"B-but I-" I got cut by Chara calling me.

"Frisk, I brought chocolate chip cookies! Get it before I eat it."

Hearing the food made me forget the glass shards from Gaster's true lab and went on to Chara for the chocolate.

After then, the night rises and we three kids head to bed.