Life Changes Chapter 1

As Lacy sat  alone in her tiny New Your apartment, she could not hold the tears back any longer. She and Josh had ran away together. They had pledged to stay together forever.

Lacy was a petite brunette with deep brown eyes. She and Josh had grown up together, gone to school together, and now they had ran away together. Now he had left; alone.

They had argued about money and many other things in the last 3 months, but at the party last night she had caught Josh hugging a girl a little too long and looking into her eyes like she was something special. When she confronted him, he became angry, she believed just to have an excuse to leave. He said they needed to find their own ways.

Well, if that is the way he wanted it, she could do just as well, if not better without him. She was pretty, 18 yrs. old, and worked the desk at a respectable resort. She didn't need him, she thought. But it still hurt. It hurt so bad. Part of her wanted to give up and go back home but she could not do that. Ever.

Lacy had ran away from an alcoholic Father who had the habit of slapping her around every since her Mom had passed away 2 years before. He told her to never come back and she would never be that desperate.

Her heart still broke every time she thought about what she was going to have to go through alone. "I will not tell Josh anything. He will think I  just want his pity. Well, I will fight this fight by myself. I do not need anyone." Then she crumbled into a ball and cried some more. She knew the next day she had some mighty big decisions to make.

Lacy fell asleep with her clothes on and slept for hours due to exhaustion. She had cried too long. But it was over now. It was time to buck up and do what had to be done. She went into the bathroom and poured her favorite bubble bath into the tub and drew a bath. As she stepped into the tub she couldn't help but think about what lay ahead, but somehow she would find the strength to work and take care of the other things also.

Lacy stretched out in the tub and relaxed feeling the tension drain from her body. She began to sing one of her favorite songs. She had a beautiful voice and did not even realize how lovely it really sounded. As she sang she lay there thinking of how much she longed to meet someone to fall in love, have a family, and live that story book life she had always dreamed about. Unfortunately she had dreamed of having it with Josh. That was all over. But, she thought to herself, I am a pretty girl; I know I will meet someone some day.

She finished up her relaxation and got ready for bed. Five came early in the mornings. She had to be at work at seven.