Chapter 2

Lacy awoke to the loud music of some hard rock group she did not recognize. She needed the loud music to assure that she would wake up on time. She had not slept well, with Josh on her mind when she went to bed. She drug herself up out of the bed and made her way to the little kitchen to turn on the coffee. Oh, darn, she thought. She had made Josh a cup of coffee by mistake. "What was that old saying, Old habits, die hard?" Well it sounded right at least.

Lacy had a call from one of the girls she worked with, letting her know that they would be short that day. Meaning the day would be busier than usual. That just figures, she thought, knowing she had to use her lunch hour to run by the hospital to check  on the test she had a week before. Anyway; it would be doable. Her job at the resort was not a hard job. She loved meeting all of the people and thinking about the kind of lives they must lead.

While sipping her coffee the phone rang again. It was Josh. Oh no, she thought. She could not deal with talking to him right now. It was too soon. The pain was too raw. Hurtful things were said on both sides and some things you just can not take back. Besides, Lacy was not sure that she wanted to take Josh back. She did not feel like she could trust him. She let it ring and he left a message with a half hearted apology but nothing about coming back. Just that he never meant to hurt her.

Lacy looked at her pretty coral pencil skirt with the summer top and put on a pretty pair of sandals with a heel. She loved sandals but also loved heels. Actually Lacy was a shoe person. She had more shoes than anything else. After looking up and down, she passed her own inspection, grabbed her purse and ran out to try to hail a taxi.

After getting to work Lacy clocked in and went to the front desk. While getting ready for work, Mindy came over to her and ask if she had seen what was at the end of the front desk. Lacy looked down the desk and there was a beautiful bouquet of pink roses. "Oh, they are beautiful." she said. " Who sent them?"  "They are for you, Lacy. We don't know who sent them. Why don't you go see and let us know." Oh no. Thought Lacy. Surely  Josh did not do this. She walked slowly down to the end of the desk. She slowly looked at the card and could not believe it. It said, "You are so beautiful. I just wanted you to have these." Your secret admirer.

When Lacy tried to tell everyone she had a secret admirer no one believed her. Finally Mindy came down to the end of the desk and read the card. "Of wow, you do have a secret admirer. Aren't you special?" Mindy laughed   Okay ladies, lets get started, we will get busy soon, said the boss, Robert. About that time three cars pulled up out front. The first was a very rich looking couple, the second was a middle aged lady who was quite attractive, and a man who looked to be twenty five or so and from another country. Lacy thought he was the most attractive man she had ever seen.

Down girl, she told herself. You are officially on the rebound. Now is not the time to start falling all over yourself over some man that may not even be staying in the country. Besides you have to get over the love you just lost. You are hurting. She tried to tell herself how easy it would be for her to fall in love after being hurt so badly. The other part of her just wanted to run to someone and let them wrap their arms around her and tell her everything was going to be allright.