5: I Will Never Love You

Harry wastes no time gaining entrance into the castle through an open window, finding no one in the abandoned room.

He waits a few moments in silence for the door to open from the other side, listening for any sound that he has alerted anyone to his presence within the castle.

None comes.

But Harry is smart enough to know that they know he is here.

And they are waiting for him to come.

Waiting for him to find his Adelaide.

Harry walks silently to the door and slowly opens it, holding his breath for the onslaught of newly turned vampires but again, there is silence.

He stands in the hallway and closes his eyes, focusing on trying to feel where Adelaide might be.

Waiting for the faintest sound from her, that familiar scent, any sign that will lead him to her.

And he feels it.

But it is not the same.

It does not make his heart light and he does not feel the same warmth seep through his body that he normally does that only she can give him.

For the first time, he is truly scared.

~~~~~

"You look absolutely beautiful my darling," Jonathon says as he holds Adelaide's hand tightly within his.

She smiles shyly in return, glancing at him as they sit side by side on their thrones before her gaze shifts to the long table in front of them.

A few steps down from where they sit, a decadent banquet is spread out on the table consisting of blood and food which is hungrily being consumed by the vampires in Jonathon's coven.

The vampires gluttonous feeding is interrupted by the sound of a door opening sharply followed by a scream.

Sabinè enters the great hall, a smirk on her face as she pulls a young woman alongside her, her hand wrapped around her throat as she walks towards the table.

The young vampires begin to hiss in anticipation, the lure of such fresh, pure blood in front of them such an enticement.

One of the young men pounces and with hardly any effort, Sabinè's other hand reaches out to break his neck, letting him fall to the ground dead.

She eyes the other vampires before her gaze falls to the dead vampire at her feet.

"Let that be a lesson as to how quickly I can dispose of any of you should I wish to," she threatens, watching as they all slink back down onto their seats, "know your place."

Sabinè turns her attention to Jonathon and Adelaide, her smirk widening as she sees Adelaide sitting there willingly next to Jonathon, their hands clasped together.

"Well isn't this a pretty picture?" she says, tightening her grip on the squirming girl, "wait until Harry sees the two of you..."

Jonathon smiles in return as he kisses the back of Adelaide's hand.

"And what do we have here?" he asks, indicating to the young girl next to Sabinè.

"I was going to offer you something for some entertainment," Sabinè begins, "but now maybe I should offer it as a wedding gift perhaps?"

The vampires around them whimper, the lure of the sweet, fresh blood pulsing erratically through the young woman's veins like music to their ears.

The smell, the taste, the texture, such an aphrodisiac compared to bottled blood.