8: Delicious

The doors to the main room open swiftly and loudly, a blast of air sweeping through, blowing out some of the torches that were burning around the walls of the room.

The newborn vampires ready themselves to attack the intruder, waiting for the command from their leader, hissing in anticipation.

Footsteps are heard upon the stone floor as a lone figure walks towards them.

The shadows don't allow them to see who it is until they make their way into the middle of the room and stop.

"No..." Sabinè whispers, her smug expression is now horrified at what she sees, "no..." she whimpers.

She goes to stand up from the throne on which she sits but is stopped by Jonathon, who is just as shocked as Sabinè.

The figure stops, their head quickly turning to look at the small group of waiting vampires and they screech a warning at them to yield, which they do, cowering back in uncertain fear.

The figure shifts their gaze to Jonathon and Sabinè, a triumphant and defiant look on their face as an evil grin graces their features.

Adelaide stands in front of them, blood trailing down her chin and neck, her eyes wide as she runs her tongue over her lips, savouring the tang of the blood.

Her clothes are torn, also caked in blood, the remnants of her fight to destroy Harry.

A tear falls down Sabinè's cheek, as she begins to violently shake, looking to what Adelaide holds in her hand.

A head.

Following Sabinè's gaze, she looks down at the head she grasps by the dark curls and looks back up at Sabinè with a smirk.

She casts the head off to the side, a dull thud as it lands against the wall before falling to the floor in the shadows.

Adelaide wipes at her chin with her finger before sucking the blood off.

"Harry always did taste delicious; wouldn't you agree Sabinè?" she asks mischievously.

Sabinè whimpers again, not believing what she's seeing.

"I believe you're in my chair Sabinè," she says in a low voice, causing Sabinè to swallow nervously, "I suggest you move or I shall move you myself," she continues as she begins to slowly walk towards Jonathon and Sabinè.

Sabinè opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"And I can assure you," Adelaide hisses, "you do not want me to do that..."