9: The Last Thing He Sees Before He Dies

~~~ Flashback ~~~

"What does matter is figuring out how we get you out of here," Harry says.

"Get me out of here?" Adelaide replies, "but...but you..."

"You are what is most important Addie," Harry says, reaching out to caress her face.

"I'm not leaving without you," Adelaide reaches up and grabs Harry's hand, a frown forming on her face, "we can do this together, we can just leave-"

"We can't," he shakes his head, "it's just not that easy love," Harry sighs heavily, "Jonathon wants you for himself and Sabinè," he pauses, "Sabinè I imagine will want you dead."

Adelaide's eyes open in horror.

"And you?" she whispers.

"I'm not sure," he replies, "all I can fathom is that she either wants me back, wants me to suffer or wants me dead as well...I truly do not know. But whatever it is, it is not good."

Adelaide breathes out loudly, looking around the darkened room for inspiration.

"So, what do we do?" she asks.

"I say we rip their bloody heads off and torch the place!" a voice suddenly sounds from above them.

They both look up as a figure drops down silently and stands in front of them.

"Alexander!" Harry exclaims in surprise as his friend moves to sit with them, "how...what are you-"

"Harold," he rolls his eyes, "you honestly did not think I was going to let you do this by yourself did you? Leave him to play the hero by himself," he grins at Adelaide and winks at her, "are you alright my dear?" he asks with concern.

"I think so, yes," she replies, happy to see their friend.

"Gave us quite a fright you did lass," he says, "especially poor Harry here," he gestures to his friend, "I've never seen him like this over anyone before," he pauses before leaning in close to Adelaide, "you know you could get absolutely anything out of this one here and he'd never say no, he's positively mad about you..."

Adelaide blushes as Alexander pats her hand with care, ignoring the burning stare his best friend is currently giving him.

"Now," he finally turns to Harry, "what's the plan good sir?"

"Jonathon wants Adelaide to," he pauses for a moment, like saying the words are a struggle, "to prove her love for him by killing me, specifically bringing him my head."

"Pompous bastard isn't asking for much is he?" Alexander muses, "he must really despise you."

Harry reaches for Adelaide's hand and brings the back of it to his lips, placing a kiss on it.

"I have something that he believes is his," he murmurs, looking at Adelaide, "she doesn't belong to anyone though."

"We belong together Harry," Adelaide smiles at him, "I'm not me unless I'm with you."

"Ah yes, well..." Alexander clears his throat, "as touching as this is my cherubs, we need a plan to get us all out of here in one piece," he nods at Harry, "we need you to keep your head lad...so how many are we dealing with out there?"

"Jonathon, Sabinè and about a dozen newborns," Harry replies.

"Pish posh," Alexander waves his hand, "the newborns are nothing, stupid little things hyped up to the eyeballs, they'll be easy to take out if they decide to stay around, it's the other two we need to worry about..."