Chapter 5

Another update! Slightly short but I hope y'all can forgive me ❤

Quicker than a snake did he turn, hand snapping into motion so that those icy fingers once again curled around your wrist in an iron grip. So harsh and quick the movements were that you had very little time to react. One second you were about to take a step forward and away, the next you were pinned harshly against the wall. Your cheek was pressed to the cold stone, arms tightly restrained behind your back.

A soft, breathy chuckle sounded from behind you, a puff of air tickling the back of your neck and forcing the hairs to stand on end. What was happening?

You waited in solemn, frightened silence, mouth clamped shut as though there were chains latched to your jaw. His breath... every time his chest rose or fell you could feel it against your back, you could feel the release of air on your neck, and you could feel the pressure of his weight holding you in place.

At last the silence that hung thick like a fog was broken as if a knife had been sliced through, whispered yet intimidating words tying your stomach in a sickly knot.

"Didn't I say no?"

Your fear was too greatly heightened for the figurative chains to give release, mouth remaining shut even with the invitation of speech.

"Answer me."

"I... a-ah..."

You heard a solemn sigh fall from his lips, though you could see no expression on his face. Your own was still lightly being pressed against the stone wall, and the position allowed no option but to keep your head there, gaze focused on the snow-topped ground.

What bothered you most was how you could feel his body against your own, head only inches away from resting on your shoulder.

It was as though he could sense your discomfort, a deep, slow chuckle rumbling from the depths of his chest as he held you in place, a finger tracing lightly up the side of your neck and causing shivers to shoot up at his touch.

"Silly girl."

With another sigh he released you, hands falling to his sides but eyes intently focused on each of your startled movements. A shaky breath fell from your lips and blew into a plume of misty air, but you relished in the returned freedom, eyes closing for a moment as you regained feeling in your arms. You peered up to glance nervously at the man, and felt a sickening twist of your insides at the sight before you - his hood was partially pulled down, revealing strands of dark green hair and sinister features adorned with eyes of a vivid green, as though he were a snake with venemously glowing orbs.

"Get out of here," He spat, hissing at your silent staring until you were shocked into motion. Your legs worked on their own, racing through the snow as fast as they could go, adrenaline providing you with a burst of speed until you disappeared into the black of the night.

When you approached your door, wooden and aged, you did not hesitate to pull keys out of your pocket and hurriedly shove them into the lock, twisting before pushing the door open and dragging yourself inside. Once inside, the warmth hit you like a wave and you felt as though you could've melted right there on the spot. Brushing away a few strands of hair from ahead of your eyes, you pulled the door shut behind you and ripped off your shoes, tiptoeing to your bedroom and engulfing yourself in the blankets like a burrito. You were still wearing your outdoor clothes, but the energy had been sucked from your body and a great weariness fell upon you, watching as a beam of pale moonlight filtered in through the window and illuminated your bedside table.

A few, still shaky, breaths, and your vision began to fall dark, accepting the sweet embrace of sleep.