They Dont Know About Us

"Ed....I don't know. It doesn't feel right, hiding this whole 'Sweeran' stuff from our fans. We have to tell them the truth."

"Taylor- I get that you're nervous. I really do, and I hate hiding Sweeran from our fans too. But I just think it'll be better if they don't know about us."

-

Hey, I'm Taylor Swift. I'm that 24 year old singer/song writer that you hear on the radio who loves the number 13 and kind of loves cats. a lot.

You all see me as an amazingly talented, innocent, carefree young woman- which I mostly am. Mostly. I might be a teensy bit "guilty"... The guilty-ness isn't anything major... but still. You see... I have this friend, Ed Sheeran. And he's not just like your normal friend where you just hang out and watch movies and stuff. He's the friend that you'll always depend on, the one you go to when you need a hand, the one you give handmade Drake needlepoints to. I mean- you even made up a ship name for each other. Here's the other thing that I should probably mention... He's not just any friend. He's kind of my boyfriend. Now, here's where the guiltyness comes in- nobody knows. NOBODY. I'm hiding it from my beautiful Swifties and Ed is hiding it from his amazing Sheerios, and I feel absolutely TERRIBLE. Our parents/family members don't even know. I think it's time to just let it out, but Ed insists it's better if they don't know about us.

I hear Ed call me from downstairs in the kitchen. A while ago he told me he was making me a surprise, so I suppose it's ready now.

"TAYLOR!! BABE YOUR SURPRISE IS READYYY! COME DOWN HERE BEFORE I EAT ALL THE CHEESECAKE, ER, I MEAN... ugh ok whatever just come down here hon!"

I smile widely (cheesecake is my favorite thing ever) and quietly run downstairs, leaving Olivia and Meredith asleep on my bed. Meredith isn't taking this whole "new cat" thing very well, and most of the day the two cats are either fighting with each other, so for them to both be calm and asleep is very rare. I skip along into the kitchen and surprise Ed by running into him and giving him a giant bear hug included with a kiss. We both grin and I walk off over to the utensil drawer to grab a fork and one of those cake slicer thingys.

I slice a huge piece of cheesecake and add some strawberries to it, and finally dig in. You know, I got to say- Ed makes a pretty good cheesecake.

"ED! BABE, THIS IS THE BEST CHEESECAKE IVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE OK LIKE IM GONNA GO TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT THIS AND IM GONNA TAKE A SELFIE WITH IT AND POST IT TO INSTAGRAM BECAUSE IT'S JUST THAT GREAT AND THEN ILL TWEET ABOUT IT AND-" I was cut off by Ed.

"Taylor, I love you, and I love that you love my cheesecake but... ugh. But people might be convinced that I'm at your house on a date or something and then everybody will believe Sweeran is real."

Ed is a bitworried about everybody finding about Sweeran. I still don't really understand why, though. I personally want to tell everyone about it- I hate keeping it from anyone.

"Ed, honey, they won't. You're overthinking this way too much! Relax. As far as all of my swifties know, we're just best friends. Nothing else. Just best friends. And what do best friends do? They go to each other's houses and bake together. At least my best friends do. Our fans won't suspect a thing."

"Oh... Ok. I guess you're right. Fine, go ahead. I was overreacting a little too much. Tell everybody about my killer cheesecake. I must admit, it's pretty damn good." He grins and walks into the living room.

I take my cat-sticker-covered phone out of my pocket and take a selfie with my cheesecake. Honestly, it's just that good. In fact, if I could marry this cheesecake, I would!

I apply a simple filter to the picture, and post it to Instagram with the caption:

"Ed makes a SERIOUSLY AMAZING cheesecake. Like, it's great enough to take a selfie with. "#cheesecake #cheeseBAEke." Yeah, I said bae. I'm pretty hip, too, you know.

My feed fills up with thousands of likes and comments in less than a minute, and I see comments such as-

@taylorswxft- OMG SO ED'S AT YOUR HOUSE? OR YOURE AT HIS HOUSE? OOOHHH ARE YOU GUYS ON A DATE OMFG SWEERAN IS REAL ISNT IT??😏😏 jkjk but enjoy that cheesecake Tay:)

@13swifties- CMON guys Sweeran is most definitely real! and Tay that cheesecake does look good, mind sharing?😝

@macbarbieswift- omg I need that tell ed to make me some! oh and taylor please please please admit it sweeran is obviously real i mean he made you CHEESECAKE, like you either have yourself a best friend who will go ahead and randomly make a cheesecake for you at 12 am or a boyfriend who'd do anything for his girlfriend:) I think our signs point to a boyfriend:) y'all are so cute together!

Uh oh. We were caught. Although, these are still just assumptions, I never actually confirmed that we were dating or anything. I let out a deep breath and put my phone down. And, they're my fans, and I'll let them believe what they want. I just gotta find a way to hide it from Ed.

At that moment, Ed calls for me from the living room. I walk in and see that he's watching SNL and has his phone in his hand. He doesn't look too happy, though.

"Taylor, can you explain this to me?"

He shows me the picture I posted on Instagram.

"What about it hon?" I'm kind of nervous, (I don't want him to get frustrated with me since now all the fans think we are dating.), but Ed's a laid back guy so I know he's not going to get too mad at me. He will, however, go on this whole "I'm right you're wrong" kind of thing.

"Explain to me why I wasn't tagged in this? People might think "Ed" is like, I dunno, not... me."

I let out a chuckle. Phew, he didn't look through the comments yet.

"Okay love, I will. Im gonna go grab my cheesecake and finish it upstairs while I watch the Law and Order marathon with Mer and Olivia. I'll come back down when it's time for you to go back to your place and I'll give you a giant goodbye kiss and hug. I love you!"

I go into the kitchen and grab my plate of cheesecake and bring it upstairs into my room. I turn the TV on and go to channel 13 (I know, what a coincidence!) and start the marathon. Meredith wakes up and starts purring and cuddling my feet, blocking my view of the TV. I playfully push her off the bed and start watching the show again.