The Not Very Safe House: Part 3

"Nowwhat?" asked Matthias. The two vampires stood next to each other infront of the scrawny biker now duct-taped to a metal folding chair inthe middle of a small living room.

"What'syour name, kid?" Frank questioned.

Theman sat there, staring at the floor.

"Comeon, what's the big deal?" asked Frank.

Nochange.

"Okay,I won't hit you if you tell me just your name, right now," Frankbargained.

Nothing.

Frankreared back, opened his hand, and swung it across the man's face.The sound echoed off the walls. His face flew to the side and heemitted a sharp whine.

"Ouch,"stated Matthias, folding his arms.

"Youfucker!" yelled the man. "You slapped me!"

"Noshit. I can only punch you a few times before there's nothing leftof your face, but I can slap you all night long. Want another?"

Againthe bound man stayed silent. As Frank wound up, the man clenched hisentire body, flexing small muscles under tight skin, pulling thetendons along his shoulders tight. This time after the blow landed,on the same side of the face, he screamed for several seconds.

Frankwound up again.

"Noose!"he yelled. "My name is Noose."

"Ohgood, nicknames," Matthias sneered.

"Gota real name?"

"Fuckreal names. I'm Noose. That's what they call me."

"Fine,Noose," acknowledged Frank. "Why were you stalking the cathouse?"

Nooseexhaled heavily from his nose, flaring his nostrils.

Frankused his left hand to slap Noose on the other side of the face,throwing his head to the opposite side. Noose cried out in pain.

"Hey,"Matthias broke in. "When do I get a turn?"

"It'sfucking addicting. Be my guest."

Frankshuffled to the side, allowing Matthias to step in front of the man'sreddened face.

"Shafter,"Noose uttered defiantly.

"Isthat a word?"

"Morelike language vandalism," asserted Frank.

Withoutfurther warning, Matthias brought his hand from a resting position tothe man's cheek with blazing speed. The sound was closer to a crackthan a snap. Immediately, Noose screamed, then began to sob. Frankcleared his throat. The vampires let him cry for a minute.

"Whywere you there?" asked Matthias.

"Iwas just hanging out there," Noose said between sobs.

"Comeon, just—" started Frank.

"I'mgoing to save us some time," interrupted Matthias. "I've beento your little fort. I heard you and your boss talking. I know youwere ordered there. Just save yourself some pain and embarrassment.Not like we are going to rat you out."

"I'llnever tell you pigs shit."

"Pigs?"puzzled Frank.

"Hethinks we are the police."

"Dumbass.You weren't alive to know what police were."

"That'snot what it means," asserted Noose.

"Ohgood, please explain it."

"Corporatesecurity, obvs."

Matthiasslapped him again.