Chapter 12: Mr. and Mrs. Moriarty

"He took one look at her, and knew she was the perfect kind of trouble: A good girl who knew exactly when to be bad."

******************

"Are you sure you want to do this, Boss?" Moran anxiously looked towards the door. He was expecting Beth to walk in even though he knew she wouldn't be back in London for weeks. They could figure out this plan and enact it before Beth would be back.

"Yes." James wouldn't look him in the eye. It was painfully obvious why. This plan was... dangerous. Beth would never approve and kill at least one of them if she knew.
There was a good chance James would die in this plan. It was the final problem. If Sherlock figured James out, James would have to die in order to destroy Sherlock' s career. Sherlock' s life. This wasn't going to end well for any of them. Yet this was the only way for James to ruin his deductive enemy.
The thought of Beth coming home to find out about his death sickened him to the core. She'd probably scream. Collapse into the arms of whoever had told her. Start to sob into their arms. It would probably be Moran, anyway.
Poor, poor Beth... He loved her so much. It would kill him to see her in such distress. But he would be dead, wouldn't he? He wouldn't see her cry. But the thought of it...

Perhaps she would fall to her knees, her hands over her face, attempting to hide her desperate sobs. Her grey eyes would be filled with tears, the light grey slowly turning a stormy color. She'd gasp for air after every few anguished cries. Her red-rimmed eyes would look upon Moran, and she'd collapse into a little ball. Perhaps her hair would fall in front of her face, masking a few of the wet streaks falling down her cheeks. Not to mention Moran himself. He would most likely be unwavering, trying not to tear up. Eventually he'd get down on the cold floor with her, and hold her until her sobs quieted. That had always been Tiger's style, anyway. James had never minded. It was always a truly friendly gesture of comfort. 

Or maybe Basher would go to the kitchen and brew her a cup of tea. He'd mix in some whiskey or scotch, and then make a cup for himself. They'd get buzzed, and maybe only then would Beth stop her cries.

But James didn't want to think of it anymore. To think of his beautiful wife and loyal friend reduced to sniveling tears at his loss.

He had a plan to make.

************************************

Three days later....

"Honey, I'm home!" Beth laughed at the almost painfully normal greeting as she walked into the flat. It was a normal greeting. But she wasn't anywhere close to normal. Her usual greeting as she walked in the door was "I'm back from my assassination!"

Then again, she usually walked in the door and received a hug and a few smiles from James. Moran would lurk in the background until she got to him, giving him a hug that usually squeezed the air out of his lungs. He'd laugh, telling her that he's happy she's back. They'd all celebrate with a movie and some beer. Moran would force himself tipsy, and Beth would get hammered drunk and pass out on the sofa. James would stay sober just so he could carry her to bed and place a kiss on her lips.

This is not what she came home to. She came home to James slaving over a pile of what looked like plans. Moran was wringing his hands and biting his lip until a drop of blood dribbled down his chin. He was nervous.

"Jamie? Bash? What's wrong?"

They're heads shot towards her, looking alarmed. In seconds James was throwing the stack of plans into a filing cabinet and closing it. Moran wiped the blood from his chin. They both bounded toward her.

"What are you doing here?" Sebastian nearly growled the words. It was obvious he was under stress.

"You're not supposed to be back for three more weeks..." James' lip was quivering.

Beth confusedly shook her head, "The job finished up early. I decided to come back so I could be with you guys. What's wrong?"

She reached for Moran, giving him the usual almost painful hug.

He didn't hug back.

****************************

I got a ship name for Moriarty and Beth! #MorBe!!! You can thank  @Nerdy_HarleyQuinn .

MUSIC VID NOT MINE

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT

HAVE SOME ANGST TO PREPARE YOU FOR ANGST TO COME

BOOK IS ALMOST DONE

MEAH