Chapter 8

Encre's PoV:

     Its been over a month since I arrived to the castle and met all of these wonderful people. I was sitting on the grand balcony painting the sunset when I hear a familiar voice behind me. "Encre, do you want to join us for dinner?" I turned my head to see Fallacy in the door way.
"Bien sûr, laissez-moi finir cette partie, puis je descendrai."(Of course, let me finish this part, then I'll go down.) I tell him. He nods then walks away.
     I finished with the painting and headed down to eat. When I got there I noticed everyone was already finished. "Don't worry Encre I told Suave to save something for you," Fallacy says behind me. I turn behind him and I put my hands on my hips and spoke. "Pourquoi est-ce toujours quand tu me parles que tu es toujours derrière moi?" (Why is it always when you talk to me that you are always behind me?) I tell him. He chuckles. He then starts to walk away but looks back at me if he just remembered something. "Oh Encre, Erra wanted to speak to you after you eat. She is in her room," he tells me.
"Okay, ensuite, je vais lui parler quand j'ai fini" (Then I'll talk to her when I'm done). He smiles at me for a moment then walks away.
     After I was finished Suave took my plate and I went upstairs to see what Erra wanted. When I got to her door I knocked. I heard shuffling inside then the door opened. "Oh, it's you Encre," she says and welcomes me inside. The room looked way much better from when Fallacy destroyed it. Though the ripped painting was still hanging on the wall. I guess whenever I'm able to go out I'll have to draw her that new one. I turn to her and spoke. "Fallacy told me you wanted to talk to me?" I ask.
"Um...yeah," she twiddles with her fingers as if she was nervous.
"So what is it?"
"Canyouteachmehowtospeakfrench" she says really quickly. I looked at her confused not understanding what she just said.
"Erra, can you say that again but a bit slower, I couldn't understand you." She takes a deep breath then speaks.
"C-can you teach me to speak french?" She asks. I stood there shocked for a moment but I guess she took that the bad way as she started to freak out. "W-well if you want to it's just that da- Fallacy only taught me some and I want to learn more be-"
" I'll teach you," I say cutting her off.
"R-really?!"
"Yeah of course, I'd love to."
"Yay!"
"Also," she looks at my confused. "Did you almost call Fallacy dad?" Her face turns red and she covers her face with her hands. I laugh a bit at it. "S-sorry" she says.
"No no, its fine its actaully pretty cute that you think of him as that," I tell her.
"Well he is like a father-figure, and he does care for me and Jasper. Even if he doesn't show it" she says.
"Yeah,  also I have another question. Well many questions"
"Thats fine, ask away"
"How old are all of you? I mean for you, Jasper, and Fallacy,"
"Well, Im 21, Jasper is 17, and Fallacy............................is old" she says. I nod and I continue on with my questions. They were just stuff about the castle and other things but there was one question that hit her hard. "How did you and Jasper end up with Fallacy?" There was some shock and sadness in her face she took a deep breath then spoke.
"I lived with my dad" she looks away with sadness in her eyes. "He wasnt that nice...."
"Oh...." I say regretting asking that question.
"But then Fallacy came and took me away from him," she says with a smile. I knew it was fake.
"What about Jasper?" I aksed.
"Fallacy told us that he found him with Calamimi, who went missing for 9 months"
"Calamimi?"
"She was one Fallacy's best and oldest maids......she died from illness when Jasper was two I was six," she looked really sad now and I felt really bad for asking about her." Also waht ever you do DONT ASK FALLACY ABOUT CALAMIMI, he will kill you,"
"Okay" I say a bit scared. And we talked for the rest of the evening.

Fallacy's PoV :

I stood outside of Erra's door listenig to her and Encre talk. At first I was glad to hear he would teach Erra french. I felt happy when Erra thought of me like a father figure. Then I felt betryed when she called me old. Well I am 376,001 years old.  Then they statred to talk about where I found her and Jasper. I was glad she still believed that I found Jasper with her. Though one day I should tell them that Jasper is my biological son but not right now. Then I heard the sadness in Erra's voice as she talked about......her death. After that I left, not wanting to hear anymore of their conversation. I walked through the the castle thinkig to myself when I realized something.

The vampire council was suppose to come tommorrow.  And I have a mortal in my Castle.

"FUCK!" I yelled and ran right back to Erra's room and slammed open the door. I scared them but that didnt matter. "Erra, the Vampire Council is suppose to come tommorow! "
"What!!" She yelled. "Why didn't you tell us this!!!"
"I forgot!!!!"
"How could you forget that you the head of the council!!!!!"
"I don't know!!!!!!" We were both panicing while Encre look both confused and scared.
After we calmed down, with the help of Suave and the maids, we told Encre everything. He started to panic too but Sauve reasured him by telling us he would hide Encre in the servents quarters. Now all that we had to hope for is that this plan works.

(1013 words)