eight

stay close to people who feel like
sunlight ; xan oku

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

streaks of sunlight peeked through the clumsily drawn curtains, hiding the large floor-to-ceiling glass window. mark felt rays of the morning sun hit his eyelids, and he groaned, attempting futilely to turn over. instead, he felt surrounded by warmth, and just, warmth. the faint smell of candles and body soap wafted into his nose and he took a deep breath, a small smile making its way around the curls of his lips. his eyes fluttered open, and he was greeted with a sleeping jinyoung. the sunlight reflected upon his slightly tanned skin, making him glow.

mark glanced down at their position and blushed at their close proximity. jinyoung's arm was wrapped around his small waist lazily. space was barely present between their chests and their legs were a tangled mess.

bringing his eyes back towards the boy, mark lifted his hand hesitantly, trailing the pad of his thumb down jinyoung's face, over his prince-like features.

"morning angel." jinyoung's voice was low and husky, and undeniably hot. however, mark didn't expect it, and he jumped back in surprise. he would have fallen off the bed if not for jinyoung. the latter tightened his arm around mark's waist, effectively pulling him flush against his chest. mark's ears were light pink and his cheeks were painted with a dark red tint at how close they were, and the pet-name that had registered in his brain.

"m-morning."

jinyoung lifted his arm from mark's waist, bringing it up to his face. he bopped mark's nose, effectively eliciting a giggle from mark. jinyoung murmured lowly, "cute", as he began running his fingers along the sides of mark's body, loud giggles reverberating around the room.

jinyoung sighed contentedly as they basked in the sunlight, enjoying each other's presence as he realised one thing; he was utterly mesmerised, tipsy from drinking in mark's beauty and shyness every time his eyes landed on him, and he did not plan on getting sober anytime soon. instead, he craved the feeling of getting drunk, so drunk there was no turning back.