fourteen

your presence calms me down, 

just like the weather after a thunderstorm; 

sushree pattanayak

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

settling down the basket and thick blanket atop the picnic mat jinyoung had placed down, with mark's hand having shifted to his jacket pocket. jinyoung sat down, mark pulled down to sit right next to him.

jinyoung opens the wicker basket he had placed all the picnic items in, slowly taking them out one by one as mark watches with big, round eyes, his hands now in his lap instead, fluffy brown bangs getting ruffled as the wind picked up.

strawberries, salad, apple juice in a jug, and a large tupperware of steaming hot japchae was laid out in front of mark, said boy already salivating. the duo dug into the mini feast that jinyoung had prepared and cooked all by himself, mark humming and sighing in satisfaction with every bite he took.

just then, bright, colourful sparks flashed across the night sky, catching both boys' attention. it was a mini firework display from a small town nearby and mark enjoyed it thoroughly. jinyoung on the other hand, found mark's face way more interesting as he studied the curve of his nose, the light in his eyes, the beauty marks scattered around his face and the tiny dimple making its appearance as a soft smile etched itself upon his pretty pink lips that jinyoung really wanted to taste again.

acting upon instinct, jinyoung tugs mark closer by the waist, causing the latter to fall into his lap, confusion written all over his face.

"jinyoung?" mark questions, eyes darting everywhere as nervousness climbs up his system due to the close proximity.

"i know the view is beautiful and the food is great but i have more important things to do," jinyoung paused, holding mark by his chin gently, eyes trailing once again from mark's pretty almond eyes, down to hi—when he felt a soft, gentle touch, fleeting and so light it seemed as if he were dreaming, trailing from his forehead, eyes, down his nose and along his jaw. his eyes flickered to the finger on his jaw, then to the boy in his lap, bright pink blush blooming across his pretty little face, fast paced breaths now slowed and relaxed.

then the soothing touch fell from his face.

"s-sorry, i was just nervous and you're so stunning in the moonlight and i couldn't help myself and i-", and his breaths picked up speed once again.

jinyoung had pressed his thumb over mark's lips, preventing the boy from rambling any further and causing the blush on his face to turn dark red once again.

"don't be sorry, it's calming and if it calms you down, by all means, go ahead," jinyoung starts, hesitant for a moment before he finished off, "baby boy".

and for the rest of the night, the two boys, one in the other's lap, shared little pecks and food in the moonlight, the occasional fleeting touch on jinyoung's face.