fifteen

if i had a flower for every time i thought of you,

i could walk in my garden forever;

alfred lord tennyson

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

three years later

"what do you think of this space?", jinyoung asked into the empty wood-floored shop. he turned to face mark, only to notice the man's attention wasn't on him. eyes wide and sparkly, the elder stood frozen at the entrance.

"good enough for shelves full of scents?", jinyoung asked again only to have a figure barreling right into him, arms winding themselves around him.

shakily and on the verge of tears, mark replied, "a-are you serious? t-this—", he stopped and covered his mouth with his hand, "i—we're going to open our own candle store?"

"absolutely, we'll have a desk right here for you–", jinyoung motioned with his hand, "–and themed shelves, fully stocked with your handmade candles and a sign up front that says scented."

jinyoung proceeded to kneel down, pulling a candle shaped box out from his back pocket, popping it open to reveal a silver band with a subtle diamond embedded in it.

"and... we'll get you your very own name cards with mark tuan, professional candlemaker–" jinyoung pulled mark's hand to his, "–and if you will, will you do me this favour and be my other half?"

attempting to catch up with everything that was unfolding, mark could only nod his head as the tears he had tried so hard to hold back fell. when he finally found his voice, he whispered ever so lightly, "y-yes, i will, i will." 

E N D

author's note

this is officially the end for scented. i don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but i might come back to write special chapters for this book, maybe, just maybe. 

i hope you've enjoyed your read and i apologise for this choppy ending. i was running out of things to write for this book and initially thought of just drafting the entirety of this, but i felt as though i would've let my readers down. 

once again, thank you for reading scented and loving it, hating it, whatever it is, thank you for being a reader of scented <3