ten

falling for him wasn't falling at all.
it was walking into a house
and suddenly knowing you're home ; r.i.d

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"hey mark, can you lend me your phone?"

mark looked up from wrapping the candle, bubble wrap in one hand, and the candle in the other. the younger had been shopping for a candle for 'another candle enthusiast', or so he said.

"what for?"

mark asked, confusion lacing his voice.

"i- um," the younger scratched at his head, a somewhat sheepish expression on his face, "i kinda left mine at home, and i need to send a message to youngjae—fellow candle enthusiast."

"oh, okay. go ahead."

mark placed the candle down and put in his passcode before placing the phone back on the counter, getting back to work immediately. he nodded towards his phone. jinyoung grinned at him, picking up the slim mobile device. tapping lightly, yet quickly on the matte screen, jinyoung quickly deposited his number into the phone, putting it down with a satisfied smile. he had left the contacts application open, hoping that mark would see it.

by then, the older had already finished with the wrapping of the candle and it was already placed in the paper bag waiting at the side.

"thank you", jinyoung grinned at mark, stepping closer to the latter. leaning in, jinyoung pecked mark's cheek swiftly, before rushing out of the store, his cheeky laughter echoing throughout the enclosed store.

+

mark reached up to touch his cheek, bright hues of pink consuming his cheeks once again.

it felt just like deja vu.

except this time, mark knew he'd fallen in like with the boy who'd come in almost every day, leaving with a candle every time he'd visit the store.

humming softly to himself, mark went about turning off the power in the store, turning the open sign to closed, basically carrying out the normal procedures before he closed up the store for the day.

he turned the key, the door locking with a click. mark started down the street, slipping his hand into his pocket to get his phone out when he noticed that the sky was starting to get dark; he wanted to get pictures of the sunset, pink skies and all.

however, when he unlocked his phone, his eyes focused on a particular name in his contacts.

park jinyoung-ie

he raised his eyebrow, clicking on the contact to drop a quick message.

tuan: hi jinyoung-ie, it's mark.

tuan: you're really sneaky, you know that :<

mark giggles lightly, slipping his phone back into his pocket. he stops at the crossing, waiting for a car to pass before he started walking again. his phone buzzes in his pocket, and mark stops at the side of the pavement.

jinyoung-ie: hey markie hyunggg

jinyoung-ie: yeah, i know that.

jinyoung-ie: you're really cute, you know that ;)

hues of pink consumed his cheeks as mark continued walking the short route home.

that boy really knew how to make him blush.