Earning Gracelyn

Gracelyn Rebecca Grant is the daughter of a single father, who would give her the world if it made her happy. Her mother left the two a year after she was born, so father and daughter grew close. Gracelyn was not used to luxuries or even getting more than what she deserved. She was a rare breed of humble, down to earth teenagers. Over the long, Colombus day weekend, Gracelyn and her group of friends go to the popular, Mongomery annual party.

For the first time in her life, Grace gets drunk, but not black out drunk, and does something regretable. She sleeps with the middle Montgomery, Derek. Even worse, she becomes pregnant. After her father kicks her out because she is having a child at seventeen and out of wedlock, the only place she can go is the Montgomery's. While Derek Montgomery doesn't hate Gracelyn, he doesn't like her either. He knew about the pregnancy and went with her to get the tests done. He wouldn't give up his life, his girlfriend, his plans for some girl who was carrying his kid.

His parents, John and Diana, have already fallen in love with Gracelyn and refuse to abandon her and their grandchild, whether or not Derek wants to be a part of it's life is his choice. At the end of nine months, will Derek and Gracelyn be a family? Or will have to raise Derek's baby on her own?

Copy Right All Rights Reserved Jane Dugan 2014