Chapter 1

"Gracelyn, hurry the fuck up!" Derek growled on the outside of the door.

"For goodness sake! Derek, you got the one that takes five minutes. If you're that anxious, go buy five more since you refuse to take me to the hospital." I snapped at him. I heard him grumble something incoherent and then leave. I fucked up, really, really badly.

It started a month ago. Over the holiday weekend in October, Derek, my neighbor, and his brothers threw their annual party. This was the weekend their parents went away, and this year, they invited my dad. I was told I had to go stay with the Montgomery boys because my father believes I am a delicate flower who can't defend herself. The boys, Adam and Derek, set up the whole house while I spent time with their little brother Patrick. The Montgomery Boys and I are close, we're practically related. Which is partially why Derek and I can't stand each other. We always fight and call each other names, sometimes we have our good days when we can at least be civil, but that's only when his manstrual cycle (hehe, good pun right there!!!) has ended. Adam and Patrick adored me, because I was like the sister they never had. After a few hours, I dropped Patrick off at a friends house and drove back to the Montgomery house for the party. There was no way in hell I was going to let those two idiots wreck Diana and John's house.

The guests started filing in around seven thirty at night. Derek had gone into his parent's liquor cabinet and had gotten out an array of hard liquors to mix with soda's or to drink straight. By eight thirty, there was about thirty or more people occupying the house on a Saturday night. I had about three drinks that night with alcohol in them. Which was the start of the biggest mistake of my --

"Gracie, I have more tests." Derek called. I opened the door and grabbed the plastic bag from him. I glanced at the test on the sink and sighed. It was positive. I grabbed the stick off the sink and opened the door again.

"Congratulations." I mumbled sarcastically. "I'll take the other's to make sure, Derek."

So, back to my inner monologue.

Which was the start of the biggest mistake of my life. At some point durring the hours of nine p.m. and midnight, I had found Derek. He and his girlfriend, Mickayla, had another fight. I sat with him and we just talked because this was one of our non bitchy moments in our lives together. Then we just started kissing. I don't even know who innitiated the kiss, but we were on the stairs that lead to the second floor, making out like it was the end of the world. Then we somehow got to his bedroom and we were at each other's clothing and then we had sex.

I woke up the next morning with his arms around my waist and his dark stubble was scratching my forehead. I had a killer hang over because alcohol and my head did not like each other and I didn't think of the magic drink-water-before-bed remedy. I freaked out, to put it simply. I punched Derek in the chest and we started yelling at each other. And now we're here, one month later, on November 10th, at CVS, in the bathroom, with six pregnancy tests to see if I was carrying his baby.

And so far, the two tests that have been done are positive.

I finished the tests and sat on the floor, sobbing my eyes out. My Daddy was going to kill me. I was having a baby out of wedlock. I was having my neighbor's baby out of wedlock. I was havingDerek's baby. Derek. Shit, he's still outside. I got off the disgusting bathroom floor and shuffled to the door where Derek was texting his long term girlfriend.

"Gracie, what the hell took you so long?" He asked, looking up from his phone. "Gracelyn, are you okay?"

"No." I said, my stuffy nose making me sound horrible. "They're all positive." Derek stared at me like I was lying to him. "Go see for yourself. They're all on the sink." Derek did just that, and came outt a moment later with wide eyes. I started crying again and Derek wrapped his arms tightly around me.