Now This Shit Begins

*Ellis P.O.V.*

My eyes shot open as a sharp pain was in my chest.

I squinted and held my breath, not wanting to wake up Y/N.

I carefully took her hand off of my chest and slowly moved away from her.

Please don't wake up, please don't wake up, please don't wake up.

I sat up and leaned against the side of the truck, resting my forehead on the plastic trim of the bed.

I panted and closed my eyes.

*Nick P.O.V.*

I looked out the back window and saw Ellis hunched over the side of the truck.

I looked back at the road and slowly pulled the truck over.

I hopped out of the truck and jogged to his side. I took his hat off and placed it inside of the back. I ran my fingers through his dark brown curls and stared up at him.

I quickly hopped into the back and knelt down next to him, running my fingers back trough his hair.

"El." I whispered.

He kept panting.

"El. Ellis. What's wrong?"

"N-nothin'. That Hunta jus' put up one hellofa fight."

I looked at his chest and saw blood slowly start to seep through his shirt.

I looked at the end of the truck and reached into his bag, grabbing the medkit that had "Ellis" written on it with black sharpie.

I grabbed the gauze and went back over to him. I lifted his shirt up and wrapped his chest.

He had gashes on his chest, while he only had scratches on his face that reminded me of cat scratches.

He finally lifted his head up and stared at me. We just sat in silence, staring at eachother.

He had this one look in his eyes that broke my heart.

I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his chest.

I stopped hugging him and jumped out of the truck, then got back in the front and started the truck, then continuing down the road that made me feel like something's gonna happen.

*Ellis P.O.V.*

All of the pain went away, and I just sat still and listened to the motor as the truck lightly bumped.

I looked down at Y/N right as she sat up and yawned.

"Mornin'." I groaned.

"Morning..." She responded, sounding confused. "Are you okay?"

"Ye-yeah. Nick just helped me cause I ripped one of mah stitches when I woke up. The pain's basically gone, but it just hurts a lil'."

Her face was filled with worry and stared at me.

"Hey. I'm fine. Trust me when I say that I've been worse. I've been so bad that I couldn't move for two weeks. I'll be okay."

"Are you sure?"

"Y/N." I chuckled, holding her hand. "I promise, I'll be okay."

She smiled. I kissed her then looked behind me at the back window, seeing Calypso pawing at it.

I opened the window and he walked outside and sat infront of us.

"Hey Calypso." I said in that stereotypical animal calling voice.