Avacato X Reader

(You guys asked for it..)

You sat outside on a old wooden chair, one of the legs was broken and the seat was scratched to hell. Aliens walked past and eyed you. Some with curiosity, and some with fear. You kept your right hand on your pistol the whole time, eyeing them right back. You were " standing" guard in front of a run down hut, on a planet named Keltonn. You worked for a being of power known as The Lord Commander. He was a short fellow, with mind powers, and a large following of baddies. You didn't work for him by choice. Before, you were just a humble girl with a normal job. Then you heard about a high paying job as a worker for The Lord Commander. You tried it out and then tried to leave it, got arrested, begged to be let out, and the only option was to join again. It was the same case for your partner. Almost..
Your partner was a large cat alien named Avacato. You liked the guy. His soothing yet manly voice, his strength and attitude. You adored it. Of course, you couldn't tell him how you felt. It's never that easy. He had a son, which The Lord Commander uses as bait for Avacato to do things he wants. Your both just puppets on a string....

Suddenly, a orange squid-like alien springs out from within the building and lands square on its back. Avacato himself steps out of the building, pistol aimed at the aliens head. "Come on, man. Just give us the money you owe and we can just forget we saw you." Avacato says, a hint of frustration in his voice. "I-I can't do that! I don't have the money, ok!?" Replies the alien about as loud as he can. He's trying to attract attention in hopes of getting help. Not today..
You grab him by one of his tentacles and kick him in the back, sending the freak stumbling back into the hut. You and Avacato nod at each other before both going inside. A few laser blasts later, and your jobs are done. You two talk as you walk down the streets towards your ship, when a buzzing noise erupts from your partners pockets. He pulls out a small hologram device and holds it in between you two. A mini Lord Commander appears. "Attention! You runts are going to on another mission. One more important than any other you have been on..you should be honored. But, if you screw it up....," Lord Commanders eyes suddenly glowed bright yellow and his sharp teeth showed out between his lips, "-you will suffer an eternal hell! I believe Avacato knows what type of torture I have in mind." After that, the migit explained the battle plan and location. "What kind of torture did he have in mind?" You ask. Avacato just looks at you and shudders, "You don't want to know." You both pile into your small craft and take off, you've tried to convince your partner many times that you could fly a ship just as good as him, but he always insists he takes the wheel. He says it relaxes him, so you let him. The ship is dead quiet as the ship continues on its newly set course. You look at the back of Avacato's head, wondering what it would be like if he liked you the way you liked him. Should you be more flirty? Does he even know you like him? Or does he just not care?
   "What do you think this creature we have to take looks like?" Avacato asks out of the blue, startling you a little. "Oh. Well by how powerful Lord Commander described him as, I'd say maybe he'd look a lot like you." You immediately regret the words. They came out before you could think. You feel a blush come on. The blush intensifies as he turns around and looks at you with a mixture of surprise and humor. "What now?" He asks. "I'm just saying if he's as "macho" as he sounds, he probably looks like you. Because your the most "macho" thing alive." You chuckle. Playing off as a joke! Brilliant! You think, sighing with relief when Avacato grins and turns. "Ok then. Well, I for one imagine him as big and...purple. With a long jaw and spit always leaking from his mouth." He says. "Purple?" You question. "-Also why are we talking about this? Are you trying to scare yourself?" You ask with the raise of a brow.
"Do you want to hear the truth..?"
"Yeah..?"
"I'm. Bored." He says with a completely straight face.
"Oh." You cross your arms. The ship suddenly comes to a halt. You peer out the window and watch as three similar small ships appear. "That's who we're boarding with. Our squad. Their going to ride on our ship, which I wasn't informed of into literally two seconds ago." Avacato states with an annoyed tone. You just nod and walk to the entrance to examine the guests. You push some buttons on a pad and the hangar door creaks open, a few aliens in space armor step into the ship. You close the hangar. You begin to wave but quickly stop as you see how much taller they are than you, and their un-intrest in your existence. One stops, he wears a visor that covers his face, it's yellow and dirty. He turns and looks at you silently. He sticks out his hand, "Let's..do this.." says a gruff voice from his helmet. You smile and shake his hand firmly.
Minutes later, everyone is in the weapons room, suiting up, including you and Avacato. He sits next to you, slightly struggling to fit extra ammo onto his belt. "Stay close to me. We're going in and out. We don't have time to waste." He says. You could just feel the adrenaline pumping through him, through his words. "Alright." You grunt, shoving a gun onto your back. You place on your specially made helmet (that you paid for yourself!) and watch as Avacato puts on his. "Step on my tail and your dead." His voice echoes through the helmet, he sticks a finger at you and then motions for you to follow. "That was a joke.." he says after a moment. You chuckle and pat his back, "looks like I'm not the only one who needs to work on their jokes." You say sarcastically. Everyone lines up near the hangar doors again. You see your partner watching you out of the corner of your eye. "Y-Y/N!" He says.
"Yeah?"
"Your positions switched. Your gonna stay in here and be our ride in and out!" He commands.
"WHAT!? Are you insane! I'm already geared up and everything, I'm not just going to sit here!" You shout, because the hangar doors begin to slowly open again. He puts his hand on your shoulder, which sends a warm feeling shooting through your body. "Stay..." he says, a hint of something sad in his voice. The monster. He's trying to protect you from whatever horrible creature waited in that ship. You grab his hand and squeeze it before taking off towards the control room. Your going to try to stay and do as he says. Key word: TRY.