Theory

Ok, sorry to interrupt the oneshots again, but I have a theory. One you should not read unless you have watched the whole series and the pilot episode.
  Ok...so I think this theory is really obvious but I'm gonna say it anyways:
You guys know how basically everyone died? Well, while it appears little Cato is still alive, and while it'd be cool to see the series with a developed Gary, Hugh, and Cato, I don't think that's what's going to happen. I think everyone but Gary and MoonCake are dead. I think Olan (the creator of the show) knew fans would rage if they saw Little Cato actually die. You know what I mean? Anyways, if you watched the shows documentaries, you'd hear Olan explain how he was going to do the pilot episode showing how it all began, but he was convinced to do the pilot in the middle of the plot. Keyword "middle." And in the pilot, we see Gary go back in time to save everyone.
Now, I know a time worm was used already in the series, but I'm not saying everyone's going to be brought back to life the same way they were before.

Proof:
Pilot episode was in "middle" of series, everyone comes back to life.
Supernatural way Gary was found at end of last episode
Why use dead characters in the shows intro?
Why kill the character one of your best friends are playing?
The rage and sadness of the dead characters fans.

Anti-proof:

"I wanna show people this show can be real. With realistic characters and REAL consequences." -Olan Rogers

Show doesn't have to follow pilots plotline

The time machine ship is destroyed