Chapter 1

[Hello everyone, just a few short notes, this is a reader insert, meaning when you see"(y/n)" you read your name there instead. same goes for "(h/c)" - your hair color, "e/c)" your eye color. if you are using chrome there is an extension you can use where it will replace it to your name automatically. Also the "reader" in this story using she/her pronouns! I hope you enjoy - ✌︎]

...

A cry of sadness blows through the air in the bitter cold of the Gerudo desert. A single yiga clan member walks along the sand, but stops in his tracks. A basket lays in the distance. As the young yiga member walks closer to the basket, the crying became louder. He kneels down to the basket, seeing a baby wrapped in a blanket. The yiga member stood, looking around for any sign of the child's parents. But there was no one was found. As the sun slowly began to rise above the mountains, the yiga picked up the child, and cradled her in his arms.

As he took a closer look at the child, he saw Hylian ears, soft (h/c) hair, and vibrant (e/c) eyes. The child grows silent as tears stop falling. The yiga sighed, he knew his heart was being melted, for they shared the same past, as he was about to walk back to the hideout with the child, he saw a necklace around her neck. Slowly he lifted the chain to see a small orange pendant connected to it. He was going to inspect the necklace further, but the desert lizalfos began to make their rounds around the area. He quickly made his way to the hideout with new life within his arms.

The hideout was quiet as the child slept. But the silence was quickly broken.

"Kogah, what are you holding?" A member calls out. Kogah turns to his friend, "Reo, meet our newest addition to the clan," he said cheerfully. Reo slowly walked up to Kogah and started down at the child. "My my my, I didn't know you were pregnant Kogah!" Reo joked. A tiny sinker could be herd from Kogah. But soon after the room fell quiet. "I found her abandoned in the desert..." kogah added.

"Sounds like fate, you can do the same as master did for you," Reo reached out to put an arm around Kogah's shoulders. Kogah sighed. "Don't worry my friend, she will grow up happily here, let's introduce her to everyone!" Reo reassured his friend as they walked into the main quarters of the yiga clan.

Many of the yiga clan were introduced to the child, she awoke and gave a gleaming smile to all of them. "Look how adorable she is!" One called out. "She'll make a fine yiga!" Another said. "Wait! There's only one way to see if she's truly a yiga!" On of them said as he pushed him self to the front of the crowd. He pulled out a mighty banana. The small child reached out and swiped the banana from the yiga, she quickly started to teeth at it as others laughed at her haste.

"Now now, what's all this commotion?" Master Aiko said as she walked into the room. Everyone went silent, but the child giggled. Slowly the yiga clan member's cleared a path for their master, leaving Kogah in the clear. she looked down at the child in his arms, "Kogah, where did you find this little one?" Aiko asked as she petted the child's head. "She was all alone in the middle of the desert, I found her there this morning." Kogah replied.

"I see..." Aiko crossed her arms. "Well, what's her name?" Aiko asked. Kogah paused for a moment. "She doesn't have one at the moment," Kogah replied. Aiko laughed a little, "well then..." Aiko tapped the side of her mask as she hummed.

"How about... (y/n)?" Aiko finally said. Kogah looked down at the child. "It sounds perfect." He smiled. The rest of the yiga agreed as (y/n) smiled. "Well then everyone, I expect you to take care of her to the best of your abilities, and Kogah.." Kogah's eyes rose to meet Aiko's mask, "I trust that you will be there for her, I know you two already have a strong connection" Aiko said as she grasped Kogah's shoulder. "Of course master," Kogah smiled behind his mask.

Aiko left the room as everyone resumed with awing over (y/n), Kogah smiled down at her, feeling as if a lost piece of him was finally found.

'I promise you (y/n), you will live a happy life here'