CHAPTER 5 | CONCERN

"So it's a job that requires a young beautiful female and I thought you would be perfect for the job, Kitten. The Awakusu-kai will provide what you are to wear, for this job I'll be keeping an eye on you since it's your first one, so you have nothing to worry about." Izaya said cheerfully while handing Katerina a small gun.

"You said this was a courier job, Izaya, you didn't tell me I was going to become an assassin." She replied, taking it from him and shoving it roughly in her schoolbag.

"It's a courier job of sorts, only we're delivering a body," Izaya laughed out watching her reaction.

The headless rider pulled up beside the moments later, it was the first time Kat had saw it up close. 'Don't you think it's a bit suspicious to be giving guns to schoolgirls in broad daylight," was what she had typed in her PDA.

Kat laughed at her comment as Izaya grinned and reached into his pocket, producing a brown envelope with what Kat assumed was filled with money. "I guess you're right, it does look quite suspicious. I do appreciate you, Transporter. This is my new courier, Katerina, you never know you might even do a few jobs together."

"Nice to meet you, headless rider." Kat held her hand out and the other 'woman' gladly took it.

'You too.' She typed.

"Oh, by the way, have you ever heard of a Dullahan? It's a headless faerie from Irish folklore. There's a guy who claims he once saw one. He's a portrait painter who hangs out over in Yoyogi Park. He was making a fuss the other day, kept yelling "The head is gone! The head is gone!" I don't know, but it sounds to me like he was talking about a Dullahan." Izaya butted in with a sly grin on his face.

The headless rider seemed to perk up at this, 'is he still there?'

"Maybe. I have no idea." Izaya replied and as soon as he did so the headless rider was gone in a flash, he turned to Kat and noted, "that seemed to intrigue her."

Kat nodded as she stared blankly at the spot where the other 'woman' had been seconds ago.

-

Masaomi, Mikado, Anri and Kat had become somewhat a close knit group over the first few weeks of school, sitting and eating together at lunch and walking each other home after school. It was a genuine bond between them all but it was clear to Kat they were all hiding something from one another and so far she only knew her and Mikado's secrets.

Mikado was the leader of the Dollars.

Katerina had become a 'courier' for the mysterious Izaya Orihara.

Another thing that had become clear to Kat was the love triangle that seemed to be blossoming between Mikado, Masaomi and Anri.

Masaomi Kida would've normally went for a beautiful girl like Kat but seeing the way she seemed to fit in so naturally with Izaya scared him off. He wondered if she hadn't gotten along with him so well, would him and her have a thing like Mikado and Anri. Maybe the love triangle wouldn't have came to be, but the blonde haired boy guessed the love triangle he was in was just a small part of being young.

He didn't mind the love triangle he had become a part of, Masaomi thought this was because of the serious depression he had going on before he become tight with Mikado again. Or maybe it was because he knew that if Mikado and Anri ended up together, he always had Saki.

He decided he was okay with the triangle because even if it took a turn for the worse and the dots connected in ways he couldn't force. He believed the groups dynamic wouldn't change.

As the group were walking home one day, amongst his flirting with Anri and making friendly fun with Mikado, he had the chance to finally ask what he had been meaning to ask Kat since their meeting with Izaya a few weeks ago. "How did you meet Izaya?" He asked cautiously when the two were walking side by side, a few metres behind Anri and Mikado.

"Well, I wanted to talk to Semyon to meet a fellow Russian here, they seem to be rare in this city. Izaya was grabbing a snack before a job and he introduced himself," Kat stated innocently.

"You two seem to get along, he even dragged you away from that fight between him and Shizuo."

Kat shrugged nonchalantly, "I guess me and him are quite alike, only I don't have a God complex and can actually hold a proper relationship. Like my friendship with you guys," she smiled at the end of her sentence.

Masaomi smiled back at her, suddenly assured she was a little more genuine than he had originally thought. "Well, I just thought I'd warn you about Izaya, he may seem nice but he's bad news, trust me, Kat."

"I understand, Masaomi." She nodded at him. I just wonder what he did to you.

The group kept on walking.