Tweleve

Sam PoV

Dad kept a closer eye on me on Friday nights after that, he still didn't know about my fights, but he was getting suspicious of the fact I had told him about working in a restaurant, (that was probably to do with all the black eyes and other injuries I got).

It was Friday night again, a few weeks later, and I had been quite battered, like a bit more battered than I would've been normally as I almost lost that fight, (now I didn't but it was a very close call my dudes).

"Sammy, what's going on?"
"What do you mean Dad?"
"With your job"
"What about it Dad?"
"You keep getting hurt on the job, what the fuck is with that?"

My stomach dropped, because I knew that Dad was getting closer to knowing that I wasn't really a waitress for a living and I was scared of what was going to happen if he found out about my illegal fights.

"Sweetheart"
"Yeah Dad"
"What do you actually do when you go to work?"
"What do you mean?"
"(Sighs), I know that you paid off the mortgage on the house Sammy, I was 2 months behind, waitressing doesn't earn you that much-"
"No, because then you'll get all preachy on me even though I know for a fact that you have no room to talk"

Dad kind of looked hurt by what I said, but considering that he at one point did illegal motorbike racing for a living proves me right here, (I did still feel bad about pointing that out though), I then told him as I knew that if he out by himself, I would've been in more trouble than if I told him myself.

"Ok, I can't say that I won't be mad, because I can't control how I feel Sammy but I'll try not to preach to you too much"
"(Sighs), ok, look Dad I did try to get a legit waitressing job, I really really did, because I walked into every restaurant in town to ask for a full time job here, but they all told me that I was too young, and on the way home someone tried to mug me and I defended myself, Tommy Green-"
"I don't like where this is going Sammy-"
"Dad"
"Sorry, no preaching, alright carry on"
"Tommy Green saw me defend myself and offered to train me on how to fight, and I have won 2 out 3 titles that I fought for"
"I wanna be mad at you Sammy, I really do, (kisses forehead), but I know that you wouldn't have done that without trying to do it legitimately first"

Dad then brought me into a hug, as we both needed one, plus Dad always gave the best hugs that you could get, his hugs just make you feel warm and fuzzy, you know.

"Why did you keep it from me for so Honey?"
"I didn't want you to be mad at me"
"Baby, (sighs), you know that I wouldn't get mad for no reason, right?"
"Yeah I know that Dad, but still it's not nice when you're mad at me"
"(Kisses forehead), I know Sweetheart, I know"

We sat there awhile, as we were trying to calm down from the night, plus I was comfy where I was and I definitely didn't want to move from where I was sitting, you know.

"Anyway Sweetheart, we should probably get to bed as it's late"
"I probably won't sleep though"
"I know Baby, look, if you need anything just come in and if you need to wake me then wake me"
"But I'd feel bad Dad-"
"I'd rather you wake me up and it help you sleep than for me to sleep and you lay awake all night and stuffer for it Sammy Baby, you know"
"I would maybe feel better if I slept with you tonight as I still feel like I'm dreaming here and any minute now I'd wake up and find that you're still in a coma"
"Ok Sweetheart, (kisses forehead), come on, we both could use some sleep here"

Dad lead me upstairs and tucked me into bed, (it strangely made me feel safer), Dad then got into bed, (to be fair it is his bed).

"Dad"
"Yeah Baby"
"You promise that you're not mad at me?"
"Yeah I promise that I'm not mad at you Sweetheart, I can't be mad at you trying to survive on your own at 14, I would not have been able to do that if I were in your shoes Baby"
"Ok, I love you Dad"
"I love you too Sweetheart"

The next thing I remember is waking up the next morning with the sunlight streaming through Dad's bedroom window, which is through the curtains.