Sixteen

Sam Pov

So it was Monday again and I drove to Ambers house to get her for school, as I was going in that direction anyway, (well that and when you're in love, you would do anything for the person you love), Amber then jumped in the car.

"How was your weekend Sammy?"
"Dad found out that I illegally fight-"
"Shit, how did he find out?"
"(Sighs), Well he found out that I had paid off the mortgage and then he asked me if I even did waitressing, to which I said no, as I realised that he knew more than he let on, and I thought that he was going to lose his shit at me, but because he already knew that Grandma left me on my own, he wasn't as mad at me, though he properly lost his shit with his mother"

Amber gasped at all of this, as it was all quite shocking to hear, (especially if you only knew my Dad from like a 6 year old point of view, you know).

"Shit Sammy, this is a lot to go on in a weekend, are you alright?"
"Yeah I'm alright, just a bit shocked at the turn of events is all"

Amber still looked a bit concerned for me, (I don't blame her as us Anderson's can be a handful and pretty unpredictable), so she held one of my hands to try and comfort me.

"Babe, does your Dad know about us?"
"No he doesn't know that I'm a raging homosexual-"
"(Snorts), 'raging homosexual' is the funniest combination of words that I've ever heard"
"You're not helping Hon"
"Sorry, carry on"
"The only reason that Dad doesn't know about us yet is because he's still struggling with the fact that I'm 17 now, let alone the fact that I'm not a single Pringle anymore"
"(Snorts), I love you"
"I love you too"

I wanted to kiss her right then and there but I was driving so it wasn't the smartest idea to pursue, the early morning sunlight making her hazel eyes glow.

Anyway we pulled up at school, we were a few minutes early so we decided to stay in the car until it was time to get into school.

"Sammy"
"Yeah Hon?"
"What if I said to you that I wanted to marry you after high school?"
"I'd say yes"
"Wait, really?"
"Of course, I've already figured out that I want to spend the rest of my life with you"
"I love you Babe"
"I love you too Hon"

We held hands like you would see in a rom com movie, (well other than the fact that we're a lesbian couple rather than a straight couple here), I felt the happiest that I've ever felt in my life, like no exaggeration here.

Anyway it was like 2 minutes before the bell was going to go off, so we got out of the car and walked up the stairs.

"Ok, I'll see you later Babe"
"I love you"
"I love you too"

So we went to school, (obviously), did the learning thing and all that jazz, when it was the end of the day, we got back into the car and I started to drive to Amber's house.

"Amber"
"Yeah Babe"
"Where do you want to live when we graduate from high school?"
"Honestly, I would want to move out of state for college but after that I don't really know where I'd want to live, you know"
"I get that Hon, just wondering if you knew or not"

Amber then cupped my cheek, it felt nice, (probably wasn't entirely safe to do while I was driving but regardless it was nice).

"Sammy, I know that your Dad doesn't know about us yet-"
"I'll tell him today"
"You don't have to rush into that-"
"I know that I don't have to rush Hon, I was planning on telling him today anyway as he has kind of gotten used to me being 17 now"
"Ok"

It wasn't too long before we had pulled up at Amber's house, the long driveway kind of inviting you into the house.

"Same time tomorrow?"
"You're the one driving Sammy"
"Yeah well I don't mind what time I leave as school's not my favourite place, you know"
"(Snorts), Only you could put it that way, anyway, the same time tomorrow morning works for me if it works for you Babe"
"It works for me Hon"
"Good, ok, I'll see you tomorrow morning then, I love you Babe"
"I love you too Hon"

So I watched Amber get into her house just to make sure that she was safe, (I didn't feel right until I did), I then started the engine and drove out of the driveway, I then headed in the direction of home.