Chapter 5

Steele didn't really know what was going on. Did he just say that he loved Claudette? It wasn't a lie, but...She didn't say that she loved him. He looked at her, she was almost hypnotized by the Northern Lights. She was so beautiful.

"Claudette, I want you to know that I don't just say that I love you to certain girls." He said, and she looked at him. "I want you to know that I actually really love you. The way you acted when you saw the lights, that's how I feel. Do you love me?" She smiled, unintentionally apologetic.

"Steele, listen. Of course I love you." Claudette said. "The only reason why I turned down these other dogs is because I appealed to them, but I wanted to know that the one I fell in love with was perfect. Then I found you." Steele's happiness had skyrocketed, and he did his best to hide it. They both looked at the Northern Lights, but all they wanted to do was look at each other. Claudette sighed. "You know, Steele, we have to figure out what will happen once we get back. I tried my best to win, but now..."

"Shh. You let me worry about that." He replied. Claudette rubbed her head against his neck, and looked at him romantically. Before either knew what happened, they were kissing. Once she pulled away, Steele was awestruck. Claudette laughed.

"That wasn't your first kiss, was it?" He shook his head. It was. "Oh mon dieu, I'm sorry. I mean, you were probably saving yourself for your girlfriend, and if that's the case, why did you tell me you loved me?"

"Well, I do have a girlfriend." He said jokingly. Claudette started swearing in French. He had to fix this. "She's half wolf, French-Canadian, and tried to kill me before she saved me."

"Are you...You think of me like that?" He nodded. "Wow, that's...Incredible. Thank you." The two dogs had fallen asleep together, even though it might have been hard, after what each had said.