FOURTEEN

— • —

june 29, 2012

cole
Wren? Are you awake?

wren
Cole it's four in the morning what's wrong?

cole
I just can't stop crying

wren
Crying? What's happening?

cole
Charlie left an hour ago and I'm alone at the hospital can you come?

wren
Hospital? What the fuck happened? Are you okay?

cole
Just come here please
I'm at the Good Samaritan Hospital

wren
Of course Cole, I'm on my way

||

      Colette saw Wren's fiery red hair before she saw anything else. Wren looked panicked. Colette couldn't blame her; the last time Wren had seen Cole, she was happily pregnant and laughing with her at the Avengers premiere. Now, Cole hardly even recognized herself. She was sure Wren couldn't either. "Wren," Cole called out, her voice hoarse and her eyes watering immediately. Wren rushed over, ever the helpful friend, and immediately thrust her hand out for Cole to take. 

      "What's happening, Cole? You've got to tell me what's going on? I had a heart attack when you said you were in the hospital? And where the fuck did Charlie go? Why isn't he with you?"

      Cole's lower lip trembled. "He's out driving. Clearing his head. We... we..." Cole's eyes watered even more and she let out a small sob that made Wren jump. "Something happened. I don't know what went wrong but something happened with the pregnancy."

      "Did you have a miscarriage?" Wren asked.

      "No, it's too late in the pregnancy to have a miscarriage. But Wren... they told... they told me my baby was probably only going to... going to live an hour at most when she was born." Cole couldn't help the next sob that left her mouth. Wren had never seen Cole cry as much as she was at that moment, mourning the loss of the baby she hadn't even gotten to meet yet. "I'll get to hold her for an hour," Cole sobbed out, throwing herself into Wren's waiting arms. Wren could do nothing, just sit in the uncomfortable hospital chair and hold her friend close. "Charlie started crying and said he had to go clear his head and I don't blame him. I want my baby."

      They sat there for another four hours, watching the night sky slowly turn yellow and finally blue with the rising sun. Cole hadn't stopped crying. "I'm going to get you some food, okay? Some food a maybe a magazine to keep you occupied."

      Before Wren could leave, Cole grabbed her hand. "Don't... don't tell Chris, okay? I don't think I could handle him knowing right now."

      "Why not? You know he'd be nothing but supportive."

      "I know," Cole said, nodding her head. "But he's been enjoying the Avengers press and I... I don't want to ruin this time for him. Promise me you won't tell him yet? I'll tell him eventually."

      "Whatever you want, Cole. I'll go get you that food, okay?"

      When Wren left, Cole did nothing but turn over in the hospital bed and let out a fresh round of tears into her pillow.

||

CHRIS EVANS AND RUBY PARKINSON ON AGAIN?

There aren't a ton of things we miss from 2007. Our technology is better, we've got Instagam and Twitter, and the fashion's certainly improved. But one thing we do miss from 2007 was the relationship between Ruby Parkinson and Chris Evans. The two dated June to December of 2007 before going their separate ways and reconnecting briefly in April of 2008 for a single day and not spotted together for the rest of the year. Now, it seems the two have decided to reconcile, as they were spotted out for a stroll in Los Angeles earlier this morning.

 Now, it seems the two have decided to reconcile, as they were spotted out for a stroll in Los Angeles earlier this morning

(Pictured: Ruby Parkinson and Chris Evans out for a stroll in L.A. June 28)

The two were dressed casually for a day on the streets, and were seen later holding hands. An inside source mentioned that Ruby "has always had respect for Chris and has been so proud of what he's been doing." According to Chris's friends, "they've always kept in touch on friendly terms. It was an amicable split so it makes sense things would pick up where they left off." One thing is for sure: we're totally here for this celebrity reunion!

" One thing is for sure: we're totally here for this celebrity reunion!

— • —