SIXTEEN

— • —

february 20, 2013

IT'S SPLITSVILLE: COLETTE LIVINGSTON AND CHARLIE YOUNG FILE FOR DIVORCE

The couple has been out of the spotlight since the death of their newborn daughter Taylor Young in September of last year, but last night the couple released a statement mentioning that they have decided to separate

The couple has been out of the spotlight since the death of their newborn daughter Taylor Young in September of last year, but last night the couple released a statement mentioning that they have decided to separate. "I will always love Charlie and we will always be there for one another," but chalked their split up to the "grief and sadness" they've been experiencing. Charlie took to Twitter to tell the world "Colette is an amazing woman and we've spent five beautiful years together, but for now it's best if we go our separate ways."

Reps for the couple have mentioned that things have been hard after the death of their daughter. "Charlie and Colette have been fighting, something perfectly normal for a couple that's just lost a child. But it's gotten past the point of being healthy and they both realize the relationship has turned toxic because of their grief. They both agree the right thing to do is to end their relationship."

Livingston and Young met in December of 2007 and dated for a year and a half before Young proposed on Livingston's birthday in August of 2009. The two were married in San Diego on July 20, 2010 before announcing they were expecting a baby in May of 2012, almost two years after their wedding. Livingston took to Twitter to deliver the heartbreaking news that their daughter had passed in the hospital shortly after birth in September. 

While we're sad the couple has decided to split, we wish them nothing but the best and send them positivity!

||

wren
You okay, Cole?

cole
Yeah, I'm okay
It's been a long time coming
After Taylor... it just got worse

wren
I'm so sorry Cole
You don't deserve any of this

cole
No one does, but I'm taking it in stride

wren
You know if you need anything, I'm here?

cole
What did I do to deserve you and Chris?

wren
It's true, we're amazing
Have you talked to Chris lately?

cole
Not much but he understands I needed some privacy after Taylor

wren
He's been asking me how you've been, so maybe just shoot him a quick text?

cole
I will, I promise. Thanks Wren

wren
Always!

||

@colettelivingston: This dork always makes me feel better. Thanks for being such an awesome friend @ChrisEvans

 Thanks for being such an awesome friend @ChrisEvans

— • —