THIRTY-FIVE

— • —

november 23, 2017

A happy Thanksgiving from the Evans boys

A happy Thanksgiving from the Evans boys. Is this considered my induction into the Evans family?

tagged; chrisevans, scottevansgram

liked by imsebastianstan, scottevansgram, and 94, 901 others

user1: IS COLE AT THE EVANS HOUSE FOR THANKSGIVING?

user2: this friendship is so pure I stan

user3: evanston is cannon no lie just facts

user4: EVANSTON IS TOGETHER CODE RED

user5: the evans boys are so cute i love them 10/10 would die for them

imsebastianstan: thanks for the invitation, friends
wrenbarton: stop whining
coleliving: guess Chris just likes me better whoops
user6: I can confirm chris likes cole better

user7: when are chris and cole going to admit they're dating??? it's almost been a literal two decades

user8: EVANSTON EVANSTON EVANSTON EVANSTON

user9: but the real question is, did you brings Beans with you to the Evans household?
coleliving: Chris wouldn't have it any other way

scottevansgram: You've were inducted into this family in 2000 what are you talking about?
coleliving: SCOTT I LOVE YOU
chrisevans: what about me?
coleliving: eh

user10: THE THREE OF THEM ARE SO PURE PROTECT THEM ALL

user11: on this thanksgiving day, I am thankful for this post

||

"If it isn't my favorite Evans brother," Cole mentioned as she plopped down on the couch, carefully tilting her glass of wine so it wouldn't spill all over the Evans's couch. "What are you doing up? It's almost three in the morning."

"I could ask you the same question," Scott mentioned, shrugging his shoulders. "Couldn't sleep."

"You and Chris both. You guys suck at getting decent sleep," Cole commented, taking a sip of her wine.

"Says the woman sitting next to me at three in the morning," Scott joked, rolling his eyes and bumping her shoulder with his. Cole simply smiled and took another sip of her wine. Dodger and Beans, now longtime friends, sat at her feet, Dodger's head on Beans's back. They were both awake still, but she could see their eyes starting to droop. "I'm glad you came. I know Chris loves having you here."

"I love being here," Cole admitted. "I never had a big family, so being here makes up for it."

"Chris was so nervous about having you over," Scott said absentmindedly. 

"Nervous?" Cole asked, her eyes trailing over to Scott. She gave him a confused look. "Why was he nervous? It's not like I haven't been here before."

"Well yeah, but you guys were always in the wrong relationships when you've come here in the past. This time... I don't know, it feels different." 

"What do you mean?"

"C'mon, Cole. You have to know how Chris feels about you. He's basically been in love with you since he's met you."

Cole was shaking her head almost immediately. "Scott..."

"Don't try and argue with me. No matter how much you think you know Chris, I'm his brother and I'll always know him just a little bit better." Scott stole the glass of wine out of Cole's hand and took an experimental sip. Cole was too shell-shocked to protest. "I know you've loved him about that long too. You're both too stubborn to admit it. It's really frustrating, you know." When he snuck a glance her way, he sighed. "You really didn't know?"

"I've always... hoped, I guess. But so many things have happened in these last seventeen years. I'm not the same girl I was when we met on Not Another Teen Movie. And he's definitely not the same guy. So much has happened..." Cole trailed off and she knew Scott understood. Her mind was on her little daughter, the beautiful little baby she'd gotten to hold for less than an hour.

"Chris called me crying when he found out about your baby. He was so sad that you had to go through that. He really cares, Cole."

"Believe me, I know he cares. But caring is different than loving."

Scott shrugged. "Not necessarily in Chris's case." He could see Cole's head whirring, trying to process the information he had just unloaded on her. "Just keep that in mind, okay? And keep an open mind. I think you'd both be happy with one another."

Cole didn't doubt it. What she doubted was that it was the right time. Because that was always their downfall, wasn't it? Timing was everything.

"Goodnight, Cole."

"Night, Scott."

But Cole didn't sleep the rest of the night.

— • —