three

(a/n i'd really appreciate if you guys could quickly leave a vote! it would help me a lot!)

Kimiko's POV

It was lunch time. After talking to Katsuki that one time in homeroom, he didn't make an effort to reach out to me again. I tried to talk to him after homeroom, but he just ignored me. I don't know what made him so cold towards me, but I hope I didn't do anything bad.

Since I already knew Uraka and the others, I let them guide me around. I couldn't find Katsuki at lunch, So I decided I'd let him find me. Im sure he know this place way better than me anyways.

"We usually sit here." Uraka said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ah okay. Thank you again for letting me sit with you." I sat down in the chair next to Tenya with Uraka infront of me, with Midoriya next to her.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Uraka, are you Midoriya's soulmate?" I asked as I took a bite out of my rice.

"Y-Yup. We found out at training camp this summer vacation." Uraka stuttered out, a red blush glowing on her face as she looked at Midoriya who had the same red colour.

"Ah.. how about you Tenya?" I looked to my left as I saw him set down his fork with a smile on his face.

"Not yet, but lately I've felt more pain on my ankle." He said, pointing to the black band.

"That's good. I hope you find them soon." I said, looking back at my food.

Should I ask? No, they'd probably think I'm crazy right? Or maybe-

"How about you, Hayami?" Midoriya asked with his usual smile.

"Not yet. But I-" I was cut off by a loud slam on the table. I looked up at the hand to see who it belonged to,

Katsuki.

The others were shaking as I stared at him.

"Let's go." He said coldly, motioning to the hallway. Grabbing my hand, he didn't ask for permission as I quickly told my friends I'd be right back as they looked towards me with a worried expression.

Katsuki lead me to an empty hallway with no one in it. He stood in front of me for a couple seconds, crouching to eye level before he shot an explosion right in my face.

I was shocked but immediately reacted by forming a water shield in front of my face with my hands, cancelling out his fire.

Katsuki just smiled as I did the same.

Quickly regaining his composure he frowned again but pulled me into an embrace.

"Where have you been?" He asked in soft,
but still angry tone.

Taken aback, I quickly answered.

"My dad had a last minute mission. I'm sorry I couldn't come here the first semester. But I'm here now right?" I said, pulling him tighter.

Quickly pulling away, He started to bombard me with questions.

"Why didn't you ever contact me? My mom always tried to call you to hang out. Why would you just leave me like that? And what's with the eye patch? Did someone hurt you?" With big eyes he kept touching my face.

I let out a small smile, something I rarely did, making him blush a little.

"You haven't changed a bit Kaachan." I smiled as I softly touched his spikey hair.

"H-Hey, don't touch me! Answer my questions!" He said, looking at his shoes and not trying to stop me even though he asked me to.

"My dad got rid of our electronics. You know how he is right? My dad also hit me with a rock.. so I wear this eyepatch to cover up the scar.

"R-Really? Can I see?" He asked with a slightly concerned face.

"Sure, ready..

One,

Two,

Three!" I said as I lifted my eyepatch, to reveal another eyepatch.

"Arrrgh come on, stop playing around." He said, lightly punching my shoulder.

I let out a small giggle, to reveal another red Kaachan.

"Maybe one day. I should head back now, this is my new number." I said pulling out my phone.

As I was waiting for Katsuki to fill in his contact details, In the corner of my eye I saw a special boy with white and red hair slipping back from around the corner.

Was that Shouto? Was he listening in the whole time?

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Katsuki handing back my phone.

"But don't expose me! I'm a tough guy now." He said with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah right. We will have to see in class then hm?" I said, dropping a small water bubble on his head. Not enough to get soaked, but enough to get wet.

"HEY! ILL GET YOU FOR THAT!" He said angrily, chasing me as I ran away.

"Sorry! No thanks." I said, Pulling up a barrier made from the ground with my quirk as I laughed and ran away. He was angry but I could tell he had a small smile one his face. That was the Kaachan I knew.

Walking back to the lunchroom, my friends asked if anything happened. I just explained I was just catching up with an old friend.

"Wait, Kimiko? Kimiko Hayami? Do you remember me? Izuku Midoriya??" Midoriya asked with big eyes.

"Haha, I was waiting for you to notice." I smirked as I looked towards my food, taking another bite out of my now cold rice.

"Wow! The art of childhood friends! So beautiful! These moments should last forever!" Tenya went on, babbling for a while about the love of friendship as I started to space out.

I don't know if it was because of the bands, but there was one question stuck in the back of my head.

I didn't feel any spark from my soulmate tattoo when I was with Katsuki. 

Why?